PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety without triggers?

bcalm
01-25-2013, 09:39 PM
Hi all,
I was diagnosed with GAD and PTSD in 2006. Right now, I have this constant state of " fight or flight" that I've had on and off since New Years, and I can't seem to pinpoint what is triggering it. I have a fairly stressful day to day in general. Working mother of a toddler, wife of an amazing and successful husband. Still, the anxious buzz that I feel surrounds me doesn't seem to go away. It's like I can't ever just settle down and fully focus on my task at hand. I am on Celexa 40 mg daily, and Valium 10 mg three times per day. Valium was recent (two weeks) to help control it. Celexa went from 30 to 40 two weeks ago as well. Could this be the transitition in my dosage? Does anyone else have that constant fight or flight? If so, what are your tricks for overcoming it? Any advice is appreciated. I feel good knowing I'm not the only one in the world dealing with this junk.

dazza
01-26-2013, 04:05 AM
Hi all,
I was diagnosed with GAD and PTSD in 2006. Right now, I have this constant state of " fight or flight" that I've had on and off since New Years, and I can't seem to pinpoint what is triggering it. I have a fairly stressful day to day in general. Working mother of a toddler, wife of an amazing and successful husband. Still, the anxious buzz that I feel surrounds me doesn't seem to go away. It's like I can't ever just settle down and fully focus on my task at hand. I am on Celexa 40 mg daily, and Valium 10 mg three times per day. Valium was recent (two weeks) to help control it. Celexa went from 30 to 40 two weeks ago as well. Could this be the transitition in my dosage? Does anyone else have that constant fight or flight? If so, what are your tricks for overcoming it? Any advice is appreciated. I feel good knowing I'm not the only one in the world dealing with this junk.

10mg - three times a day!!!? 30mg total!!!!??? i hope not! lol

laurandisorder
01-26-2013, 04:23 AM
Wow. That's pretty much the maximum dose of Valium. I hope you're under the supervision of a good doctor.

In the times of my most heightened anxiety, I lived with the fight/flight/freeze 24/7. It took a good month to dissipate at its worst, but it does eventually get better. The thing is that you have to continue to live your life. Don't let it stop you from doing what you want - challenge the feelings and you'll learn that they are in response to a perceived, rather than a real threat.