PDA

View Full Version : Could this be just my anxiety reaction?

sparkycat
01-25-2013, 02:45 PM
Hi all my name is Kathleen and my anxiety story started about 3 years ago. I have four children one of them came home with lice for the 3rd time and that sent me into a frenxy not quite a month later my son had what they suspect was scabies, could have been a sweaty foot disorder (whatever) I have to say I keep a cleanhouse and clean kids just so you don't get the wrong impression.

Well ever since then I have had to be medicated for my anxiety of these types of things, Lice, scabies, bedbugs....etc. (sorry if this triggers anyone). I will check beds, chck skin, check heads agaiin and againwhen I go through an anxiety flair.

Back in october I started having some chest pains and breathing issues but my anxiety was well controlled. Around Oct I was having dental ework and ended up needing antibiotics. about a week later I noticed these tiny bumps (micro tiny) here and there on my stomach. Only one or two at most at any given time. mostly confined to my stomach area. This has gone on about the same one maybe two at any given time. Over the past few weeks my anxiety over these has increased, and nowmy skin will alternatlely itch or burn. I finally went to the doc.

She is pregnant and didn't seem concerned about touching me without gloves or handling my clothing to look at my back etc. She ruled out a fungal infection, and flat out said (becasue I asked) "there are no creepy crawlies under your skin"

I thought this would make me feel better and yet I still notice any tiny imperfection on the skin, what looks like a row of n\bumps etc.

She suggested it was either a contact dermatitis from an allergy (soap etc) or a stress reaction. My stress has been high lately so I guess what this very long annoying post is asking is....has anyone else reacted to anxiety this way, am I the only one who gets so out of sorts..

Any adive or thoughts are very welcome. And if you made it this far thank you fromt he bottomof my heart.

Kat

Saldav
01-25-2013, 03:42 PM
Your describing exact symptoms of anxiety. In my episodes I tend to make sure everyone in my household is breathing when they are asleep. Anxiety affects everyone differently but the same if that makes any sense.

Saldav
01-25-2013, 03:48 PM
The other nite my eye looked bigger than the other one when I was looking at the mirror, and that caused an episode. My wife told me we have a $25 gift certificate for any restaurant, but that I have to print it out before it expires, BAM!!!! Anxiety out of nowhere. Why idk!

bamboosh
01-25-2013, 04:19 PM
The other nite my eye looked bigger than the other one when I was looking at the mirror, and that caused an episode. My wife told me we have a $25 gift certificate for any restaurant, but that I have to print it out before it expires, BAM!!!! Anxiety out of nowhere. Why idk!
Lol ive the same issue lately thinking one eye looks bigger than the other , and has me thinking even more ive lung cancer cause its a symptom, also went through a stage of thinking my mouth was drooping on one side and I was having a stroke

Saldav
01-25-2013, 04:36 PM
Lol ive the same issue lately thinking one eye looks bigger than the other , and has me thinking even more ive lung cancer cause its a symptom, also went through a stage of thinking my mouth was drooping on one side and I was having a stroke

It's some bull shit isn't it, the good thing is we could laugh about now, but when we are going through it it's hell!

bamboosh
01-25-2013, 04:48 PM
It's some bull shit isn't it, the good thing is we could laugh about now, but when we are going through it it's hell!

Do u live in the uk if so do you ever see the stroke ad? Thats what started me thinking my eyes , mouth drooping lol

Saldav
01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Do u live in the uk if so do you ever see the stroke ad? Thats what started me thinking my eyes , mouth drooping lol

I'm from California

sparkycat
01-25-2013, 04:53 PM
Saldav thank you for responding to my post, nice to know I'm not the only one checking.

Saldav
01-25-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm from California

It seems everyone on this forum is from the UK. What's up with that!

Saldav
01-25-2013, 04:57 PM
Saldav thank you for responding to my post, nice to know I'm not the only one checking.

Just remember your not alone. Feel free to PM me anytime with whatever I could help you with.

sparkycat
01-25-2013, 05:03 PM
I'm from Oregon, maybe it's the time frame we're posting in so that's why we talk with more in the UK <shrug>