PDA

View Full Version : Bad memory

PositiveThinking!
01-25-2013, 02:15 AM
Just wondering how many of you have a really bad memory due to anxiety? I've been overcoming many symptoms of anxiety, yet the memory seems to be getting worse each year I just don't get it, and sometimes it gets quite scary

adieno
01-25-2013, 05:07 AM
Just wondering how many of you have a really bad memory due to anxiety? I've been overcoming many symptoms of anxiety, yet the memory seems to be getting worse each year I just don't get it, and sometimes it gets quite scary

I actually am going through this and right now it's the worst it's ever been. I can't even read a book because I can't remember much of what I've read and loose track. I'm trying not to get desperate and actually waiting on my next cbt session to hear my therapists opinion on this.

PositiveThinking!
01-25-2013, 05:13 AM
I actually am going through this and right now it's the worst it's ever been. I can't even read a book because I can't remember much of what I've read and loose track. I'm trying not to get desperate and actually waiting on my next cbt session to hear my therapists opinion on this.

Yep it gets so bad that I really tend to freak out but I manage to stay away from panic attacks, feel free to let me know the feedback from your therapist!

adieno
01-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Yep it gets so bad that I really tend to freak out but I manage to stay away from panic attacks, feel free to let me know the feedback from your therapist!

Sure will :). I go next Thursday.

PositiveThinking!
01-25-2013, 01:14 PM
Because your brain is too busy doing other things .

This a a very common symptom of anxiety and depression .

Nothing nasty to worry about .

Thanks a lot for the reply, yeah it's common I guess I was just kinda worried because I've been anxious for all my life and the memory issue has gotten extremely bad these last days, probably because I've been having a few problems at home