PDA

View Full Version : Is mental health real?

Scary
01-24-2013, 07:29 PM
Hello everyone,

I haven't been here for a while, because I didn't need to come. My anxiety has been in control since September, but today, my anxiety went out of control.

I found a dent on my Mom's leg and being myself, I assumed the worst and in about 5 seconds of finding the indentation, I had a panic attack. I got used to panic attacks, I used to have them everyday, but since September, I didn't have one, until today of course and I forgot how bad they really are.

After 30 or so minutes, I calmed down and started thinking; If anxiety is in my head, why can't I control it fully? Why does it control me rather than me controlling it? If it's all in my head, is it even real? There aren't any tests for anxiety other than the standard questions and evaluation, but there is no proof I or anyone else has anxiety except for the symptoms.

I'm sorry if my question is confusing, I tried to be as clear as I can be.

Thanks everyone.

Saldav
01-25-2013, 04:07 PM
Anxiety is something that does come from your head, but its totally real, the chemicals in our brains are out of wack, its the adrenaline that makes us feel all these symptoms so it's 100% real.

I don't know what makes you think it's not real when you feel all those physical symptoms. To answer your question; Anxiety and mental illness is total real!!!