PDA

View Full Version : my cat didn't make it

beanbaby
01-24-2013, 02:08 PM
My little, beautiful cat Bobbie had to be put to sleep today, he had liver failure and cancer in his bones. I loved him so much and I'm going to miss him always. Anxiety through the roof, I want to run away from myself

omoplata
01-24-2013, 02:58 PM
I am so sorry for your loss. I was devastated when I had to put my cat to sleep 3 years ago. Please know that your cat knows that you did all you could to help him. He is no longer suffering and is now resting in peace.

temperancebrennan
01-24-2013, 03:21 PM
So sorry to hear that, Lisa.
At least you know that he had a great life with you & that you both made a difference in each others lives.
Your other pets will sense your sadness & will hopefully be able to help you through this tough time.
I lost 2 of my pets within a month last year so I know how hard this will be for you. Just keep strong. X

helplessinseattle
01-24-2013, 03:24 PM
My heart breaks for you. There are no words to comfort you right now, I know. As time goes on I hope you can find peace in knowing that your little cat was so lovingly cared for by you and that is the most profound gift we can give to those we love and who love us. I've found that as the inital unbearable grief realxes (and it will, I promise) that I feel the sweet spirits of all of my departed cats throughout my life. They are still with me, a warm feeling in my chest that tells me they are there. It's not a sad feeling, maybe more like wistful. I don't think that love just disappears, do you? In the meantime just cry your eyes out as much as you need to, walk away from anyone who dares to tell you that you are over-reacting and try to continue taking care of yourself. The basics, like eating well, staying hydrated, getting what sleep you can. My heart is with you.

beanbaby
01-24-2013, 03:26 PM
Thankyou all, it's like losing a family member, he knew all my secrets, I was honoured to have him as my cat, he was beautiful, love him always x

PhoenixStorm
01-24-2013, 03:27 PM
I'm so sorry. :( my sympathies...

mw0929
01-24-2013, 04:30 PM
Im so sorry!!!! My thoughts are with you.