PDA

View Full Version : Anger as an outlet

Bowie
01-24-2013, 01:18 PM
Sometimes when I start getting sad or worried, I get angry. I'll be having a panic attack and I can't breathe but ill still feel the hatred in my body. This is only in some cases but I think anger may be a trigger for my anxiety? Or it's something I use to distract myself from panicking but it just makes everything ten times worse, is this possible? I already have a short temper and anger problems but I've been good lately with other people.. I just don't know.

Dave G
01-24-2013, 01:24 PM
Do you have an example? I only ask because i sometimes experience similar feelings, but it almost always has to do with people.

Bowie
01-24-2013, 01:33 PM
Do you have an example? I only ask because i sometimes experience similar feelings, but it almost always has to do with people.

I got angry at someone yesterday and I wanted to cry and I just felt so bad physically and mentally. I got so angry as I began to feel the panic, then I started having an anxiety attack. I could barely speak I was so short on breath.

Dave G
01-24-2013, 01:43 PM
More detail would be helpful, like what makes you angry? For example, I'm a bit of a perfectionist and a big "do it yourselfer" . So when people mess things up that I know I could have done right, I get frustrated. I like to be in control of things, that way all responsibility is mine - good or bad. This mentality isn't healthy, but I've learned to live with it and just be more patient with people or understanding.

Were you in a situation like that? Or maybe you were mad at someone, which could lead to a stressful situation, and maybe you didn't want any confrontation, which would add to the stress - so you panicked? I'm just trying to pick your brain because I've found that the best way to resolve these types of things is to get to the core, or very source of the emotions.