PDA

View Full Version : History drastically helped my anxiety

Dave G
01-24-2013, 01:01 PM
I'm editing this post, because there doesn't seem to be a way to 'delete' it.

I haven't posted on here for years now. A lot has changed in that period, and when I read my old posts I don't like what I see. It reminds me of the more anxious me - the me that I hated.

I'd prefer to use this account as a way to start replying to and helping others, rather than it being a reminder of sadder days - not to mention the potential career liability that I feel it is now.

scottyheist
06-20-2013, 03:07 AM
Hey Dave,

Thanks for sharing your story. I've been looking over your posts and I am in a very similar situation to you. I am now 25 and it has taken me over ten years to decide that I actually need help because at the moment my anxiety in meetings is so bad that it prohibits me from making any contribution. I also share the same belief that those attending the meeting most likely have something more important to say but in the near future and probably now I should be making more of a contribution to meetings.

I undergo massive heart palpitations that I cannot control and I am so tired of this happening every meeting. I think that because we all go around the table, my anxiety is ramped up by the fact that I have to wait until numerous people finish what they have to say before I begin.

I am interested in your process of researching a topic which allows you to realise there are bigger and more important things in life. Do you know how much you can apportion the reduction in anxiety to Zoloft and how much you can apportion to your seven months of research?

acetone
07-22-2013, 11:50 AM
I like the World War II and the holocaust.