PDA

View Full Version : Burn out???

kerrielee
01-24-2013, 04:25 AM
Thought I'd got my anxiety under control but had a tough week after only being back at work 2 weeks after nearly a month holiday. Constant headache as u have heard me moan about and literally falling home from work into bed. Could I be suffering from burn out? Is it the same as anxiety or am I just having the symptoms again. I just can't undestand why I have no energy again out of blue. Am I broken?

laurandisorder
01-24-2013, 06:22 AM
I think it's just exhaustion.

I am recently back at work after a five week break and talk about jumping back into the deep end. I'm exhausted and I know that I have to be vigilant to guard against this tiredness turning into anxiety or panic.

You do need to listen to your body - if you are tired, sleep. It's a natural shock to the system after an extensive break and it is perfectly understandable. The added element of already being an anxious personality type will only exacerbate your tiredness - hence explaining the total collapses after work.

kerrielee
01-24-2013, 07:03 AM
Thanks. Yeah you are right but I thought I was managing work stress better since my break so I wouldn't feel like this & could cope with a normal workday but feels like I can't anymore. I don't want to give up my type of job which I need to be able to cope with some pressure. How do u manage it?