PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety

joshhiboii
01-23-2013, 08:04 AM
Can anybody tell me if there anxiety effects there stomach or bowel movements please dont want to google n get a bunch of people who dont no what there talking about justvlike to know what problems you get i any thanks!'n

sandyrdh1
01-23-2013, 08:05 AM
Can anybody tell me if there anxiety effects there stomach or bowel movements please dont want to google n get a bunch of people who dont no what there talking about justvlike to know what problems you get i any thanks!'n

Oh yea. If you talking about hard and soft stools stomach cramps then yes. It can go back an forth from hard to loose!

metallijim
01-23-2013, 10:34 AM
This is post I put up on another thread here yesterday. I was explain the symptoms of Irritable Bowel Syndrome to someone else. Anxiety can bring this on.

I suffered IBS since childhood. Constipation has always factored in my life on and off. If your heavily constipated you can lose your appetite. You will get abdominal pains and cramps. They can be very uncomfortable and sometimes almost unbearable pain. It sounds to me like it is constipation. My advice would be to watch your diet. Try to avoid eating too much red meat. It takes a long time for the body to digest and absorb. It easily builds up. Also it can make your stools quite tough and harder to pass (sorry about the descriptions but better you know). Also too much dairy can have the same effect. Try eating brown breads, Fruits, Veg, juices and yoghurts. It will help you big time. Unfortunately with anxiety you become more susceptible to constipation and IBS due to the stress. I hope this helps :)

joshhiboii
01-23-2013, 11:02 AM
With your iBS does your stomach growl a lot when you eat ?

sandyrdh1
01-23-2013, 11:13 AM

Yes. It's like ok I just ate so why is my stomach growling like I am still hungry??

joshhiboii
01-23-2013, 11:19 AM
So basically soon as you've eating your stomachs growling ?

metallijim
01-23-2013, 11:49 AM

Yes, sometimes. I just finished my dinner and it's at it right now. It's just gas most of the time. If your blocked up the gas moves around. I can feel it move around a lot of the time when I get this. It's nothing to worry about. Just try to eat healthy to keep the bowel movements regular and healthy.

joshhiboii
01-23-2013, 11:53 AM
Well that's a relief thought it was just me i lost my appetite as well but just managed a plate of pasta witch is a good start I hope so obversly from not eating properly can effect your stool as well I should imagine

metallijim
01-23-2013, 12:31 PM
It's not eating properly that causes IBS most of the time. Also if you're not getting enough exercise, this can bring it on. Try to avoid lying around for extended periods of time. Here's the link that I found about foods and anxiety. I followed this diet and it has worked a treat for me.
http://www.anxietynomore.co.uk/food_and_anxiety.html

You don't have to cut out all these things, just cut back. I would recommend cutting out alcohol, caffeine and fizzy drinks though if you can, especially alcohol.

joshhiboii
01-23-2013, 12:35 PM
Hi thanks mate you've been a great help I don't drink as it is any how I do drink a lot of tea and coffee as I work in a freezing cold warehouse but maybe I'll try soup or something from now thanks again!!!

Ritch
01-23-2013, 12:40 PM
Anxiety certainly has the potential to do that.

metallijim
01-23-2013, 12:43 PM
Hi thanks mate you've been a great help I don't drink as it is any how I do drink a lot of tea and coffee as I work in a freezing cold warehouse but maybe I'll try soup or something from now thanks again!!!

No problem. I drink tea myself, the caffeine content is generally quite low compared to coffee. Alternatively just switch to decaf coffee, job done :)