PDA

View Full Version : Hello, i was wondering if anyone could answer me this...

aidendean
01-22-2013, 06:44 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question that I would be very grateful to get an answer too.

When you have a brain scan(MRI) would the people who are conducting the MRI scan be able to detect a growth whilst the scan is being done? Because they have a screen infront of them which shows the images? I was just wondering because I had an MRI brain scan 5 days ago now and my results still haven't been looked at, so I was wondering would they have seen a growth if there was one? Major anxiety since then :(

sandyrdh1
01-22-2013, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone,

Just a quick question that I would be very grateful to get an answer too.

When you have a brain scan(MRI) would the people who are conducting the MRI scan be able to detect a growth whilst the scan is being done? Because they have a screen infront of them which shows the images? I was just wondering because I had an MRI brain scan 5 days ago now and my results still haven't been looked at, so I was wondering would they have seen a growth if there was one? Major anxiety since then :(

If they had seen something that was of emergency treatment like a huge mass or something i am sure they would of called the doctor to look right then. There are doctors there where you have the mri's done. They are not trained to read x rays or MRI or ct scans. They may know a few things and some abnormal things but that's why there are radiologist to read them. My daughter is a radiologist tech and does the X-rays ect and she knows quit a bit but cannot read all X-rays.

trinidiva
01-22-2013, 08:21 PM
Yes, they would of noticed it right away....and they wouldn't wait five days and not give you results....