PDA

View Full Version : How to deal with being stuck at home?

masterhamster
01-22-2013, 02:49 PM
Hey, everyone.

It's been forever since I have been on here, but lately I just don't know how to cope anymore. I am in between jobs, and even have one lined up to start in about ten days, but during the days I'm stuck at home, I just go crazy. I get strange vision disturbances, feeling woozy or dizzy, head pressure, hot face and forehead, and tons of other symptoms. I have no where to go because me and my SO share a car, and shes at work almost everyday. Does anyone else have anything similar to this? If so, how do you cope with it?

PositiveThinking!
01-22-2013, 03:07 PM
Hey, everyone.

It's been forever since I have been on here, but lately I just don't know how to cope anymore. I am in between jobs, and even have one lined up to start in about ten days, but during the days I'm stuck at home, I just go crazy. I get strange vision disturbances, feeling woozy or dizzy, head pressure, hot face and forehead, and tons of other symptoms. I have no where to go because me and my SO share a car, and shes at work almost everyday. Does anyone else have anything similar to this? If so, how do you cope with it?
Creepy, I was right about to post the exact same thing, except that I was going to ask on how to deal with the depressive feelings as well, not just the increased anxiety, well lets hope that someone here has any tips on how to make it easier when we're not able to leave the house

metallijim
01-22-2013, 03:14 PM
Is there any reason you can't leave the house except for your symptoms?

masterhamster
01-22-2013, 03:32 PM
Is there any reason you can't leave the house except for your symptoms?

Yea, I share a car with my SO. I guess I could walk somewhere, but I live in the middle of nowhere and I only really feel better when directed to do things I guess. I've tried reading, video games, web browsing, and I just feel so awful I have to stop and just sit around, which makes me feel more awful...

masterhamster
01-22-2013, 03:34 PM
That is strange, but makes me feel better that I am not the only one. I have no idea why this keeps getting worse, because I have a better job lined up, and I still freak out, when I should just be able to enjoy the time off...

metallijim
01-22-2013, 03:45 PM
If you can get out for walks, I would recommend it. The more energy you burn off the better, this will help keep the panic attacks at bay. Obviously the first few times you go out there is a good chance you could have a panic attack or come close to it but you should try and push yourself. The more you fight back, the easier it becomes to deal with this. I won't lie, it is tough challenging yourself like this but this goes a long way to getting on the road to recovery. The longer you keep yourself away from the world the more you are letting anxiety tighten its hold on you. Take it from someone who has been there. I went to a dark place when I locked myself away and it took a lot of strength to come back from it.

FrankWolfe53
01-22-2013, 03:49 PM
My anxiety and depression got really bad this last fall semester at school and it kind of forced me to drop out, so I could save my GPA. But now all I do is sit here and feel even worse and worthless. I don't want to condone drinking alcohol to fix any problems but that is what I have been doing. It helps me get my mind of certain things. Everything in moderation.

masterhamster
01-22-2013, 03:51 PM
If you can get out for walks, I would recommend it. The more energy you burn off the better, this will help keep the panic attacks at bay. Obviously the first few times you go out there is a good chance you could have a panic attack or come close to it but you should try and push yourself. The more you fight back, the easier it becomes to deal with this. I won't lie, it is tough challenging yourself like this but this goes a long way to getting on the road to recovery. The longer you keep yourself away from the world the more you are letting anxiety tighten its hold on you. Take it from someone who has been there. I went to a dark place when I locked myself away and it took a lot of strength to come back from it.

Thanks for the advice! I know what you're saying is true, because when I was working, I hardly noticed my problems, but now, they hit like a freaking train. It's really cold here now, so walking seems like such a hassle, which I think is caused by my anxiety. I just feel like nothing is worth the effort.

masterhamster
01-22-2013, 03:54 PM
My anxiety and depression got really bad this last fall semester at school and it kind of forced me to drop out, so I could save my GPA. But now all I do is sit here and feel even worse and worthless. I don't want to condone drinking alcohol to fix any problems but that is what I have been doing. It helps me get my mind of certain things. Everything in moderation.

Yea, I have started drinking more than usual these last few days. The problem is that the next day, I feel so paranoid. It's like, as soon as I get a little buzz, everything is great, but I can't drink two days in a row, so the next day is just awful.

metallijim
01-22-2013, 04:06 PM
I started drinking more before I realised I had anxiety. I work in a pub and worked 4-5 nights a week. I drank nearly every night. Might have been only 2-3 pints but it was enough to take the edge off. I didn't realise I was doing it at the time but looking back I don't know how I didn't. I'm off drink now 4 months, since I had a bad turn. One of the best things I've done for my anxiety