PDA

View Full Version : Derealization

metallijim
01-22-2013, 12:44 PM
I'm having serious bouts of DR the last couple of days. Finding it difficult to get my bearings sometimes. I was downtown today and after 15 minutes walking it hit me hard. It was like looking through someone else's eyes. I found it very difficult to focus my vision. It sort of felt like vertigo, in the sense that when I was trying to focus my vision it felt like I was drifting backwards. I know what vertigo feels like so I know it wasn't this, it was more like I was a person in my own head and when I tried to see, the horizon seemed to drift away. I kept going, I managed to do what I had to on town and I went to the bar I work in. It took me 5-10 minutes to get myself back together once I sat down. That was the worst of it today but it has come and gone a couple of times in quick spells during the day but nothing I can't cope with. I tried to explain it to my family but they just say "It's just your anxiety". No shit, huh! Anyway just really wanted to vent off, so that's why I've written this.

Cara1989
01-22-2013, 01:57 PM
Mm! Today has been horrible and my family is the exact same way it sucks trying to explain it to them they will never understand

moonchild1986
01-22-2013, 02:22 PM
I've had a lot of this recently. It's making life miserable. :(

anthonyjbro760
01-22-2013, 02:35 PM
I have it real bad plus I get health anxiety :( I'm so confused bout this

moonchild1986
01-22-2013, 02:38 PM
Same. I'm always convinced I'm going to pass out and die. Stupid huh !

metallijim
01-22-2013, 02:43 PM
My anxiety stems from worrying about my health, so when I get this my mind naturally goes to a bad place. For me this is the worst symptom of my anxiety but I'm getting good at coping with it. I'm not letting it stop me from doing what I want, although I will admit by evening time I'm exhausted if I've fought it a while. I just nod off a few minutes after sitting down.

anthonyjbro760
01-22-2013, 02:52 PM
I've been having it bad Latley I've had this on and off for a long time I also have GERD and I'm obese this makes it even more scary for me I don't know what to do anymore :((

dantheman9001
01-22-2013, 04:07 PM
I get this on and off. Noticed if im tired and not getting good sleep it happens more

metallijim
01-22-2013, 04:08 PM
Yeah, I haven't slept well the last 3-4 days so that could be it