PDA

View Full Version : Hot flashes at night

akredlin
01-22-2013, 05:10 AM
For a couple weeks now I've been waking up at about 3am with bad hot flash. I keep my room very cold but yet I wake up unbelievably hot. I also feel sick to my stomach. This usually lasts for 1-2 hours. Is this anxiety or something else?

randomanxiety
01-22-2013, 06:37 AM
Hot flashes are a symptom of anxiety. Sometimes I wake up in the middle of the night soaking wet! I know how gross is that. Check with your doctor just to make sure its nothing else.

dazza
01-22-2013, 07:01 AM
For a couple weeks now I've been waking up at about 3am with bad hot flash. I keep my room very cold but yet I wake up unbelievably hot. I also feel sick to my stomach. This usually lasts for 1-2 hours. Is this anxiety or something else?

In your case, anxiety / panic could be distinguished by the fact that it has a predictable pattern - i.e. happening at ~3am every night.
Surely, if it was "something else" it would be occuring at any time or even constantly.

I had periods where I would be sitting fairly comfortably, yet, out of the blue I would burn up.

Such phenomina is usually down to a rush of adrenalin through your system... causing a raise in heart rate amongst a bunch of other side effects.

I would suggest trying some anti anxiety drugs before bed. Some are designed to help you sleep better by keeping the mind calm during the night.

vakim78
01-22-2013, 08:44 AM
I think it's the anxiety.... I'm only 34 and the last few months when my a anxiety had gotten its worse I swore I was going through early menopause! The hot flashes would drive me insane! I would literally wanna run out the house to cold air or rip my cloth off because it was so bad. It was the anxiety come to find out!

alissafernandes8
03-16-2014, 05:37 PM
I felling so sad to hear about your problem I also suffer from this type of problem but I got relief by using progesteril.I will suggest you to try this remedy

Dahila
03-16-2014, 06:44 PM
It could be night panic attack, btw I had hot flashes when I was 12 too, from the anxiety, at this age it was not menopause hehehe

mom23
03-16-2014, 08:29 PM
Exact same thing happens to me. Every night I wake up between 3-4 am feeling like I am on fire feeling anxious and not being able to go back to sleep. My room is also cool and I end up throwing all the blankets off of myself. My head is soaked with sweat. Ya gross I know. But ugh. So true