PDA

View Full Version : Scary Feeling

kasiejuhnay
01-22-2013, 12:55 AM
I am a night owl and have a hard time going to bed early. Thursday night I could not go to sleep to save my life. I was supposed to be up at 5:00 am for work Friday morning. I ended up staying up all night long. I got in the shower at 5:00 and at the end I felt really dizzy, faint, and was seeing black spots in my vision. I felt like I was going to die or pass out at any second, but the whole time I was telling myself to calm down and could process thoughts and was talking to myself. It passed...I got ready and went to work. Once there I was terrified of it happening again. It did. This time I was white as a sheet and pouring cold sweat. I told my coworker I didn't feel good and she took me to my bosses office. I left there in the back of an ambulance. My blood pressure was 194/95. My heart rate was 120. Everyone was convinced my blood sugar was low...it was 123. The hospital told me it was anxiety and sent me home. That night I stayed at my daddy's because I did not want to be alone. The next morning in the shower it happened again. I called into work and went to a family friends house (dad was out of town). Family friend is an EMT...he told me its all because of a sinus infection. He gave me some meds he had and told me to take them over the next day or so. The blackness and faint feeling hasn't happened since but I am so scared that it will. I ended up at the minor emergency clinic yesterday where they treated me for the sinus infection. I asked them to check everything...even to see if I'm dehydrated. Every thing came back normal. I have googled it and others have had this and said its dehydration or blood pressure being too low. Has anyone else had this?

Courtneykinns
01-22-2013, 03:57 AM
Yes! I know exactly what you're experiencing. Take my advice! DO NOT WORRY ABOUT IT!
Worrying about it could make it happen again. Its obviously caused by anxiety & you stressing about it is not going to make it any better.
Ive learned this the hard way with anxiety, when i worry about it, its there. If i forget about it, its not there.

kasiejuhnay
01-22-2013, 11:43 AM
You're right. When I have someone tell me that I am ok and not dying...that is when I am at my most calm state. It is amazing how our minds can cause all of this.