PDA

View Full Version : Health concerns and other anxieties.

laurandisorder
01-21-2013, 07:00 PM
Hey all,

Just posting up here because I don't want to whinge and hypothesize in real life. I had a bad allergic reaction to something that started at the end of last year. By New Year's Day I had a rash from my thighs to my stomach and all over my hands and wrists. I went to the doctors on the third of January to discover it was an allergic reaction to something - I don't know what. I assume it was a lotion that I used to remove ingrown hairs (not sure how it spread to my tummy?) got told to take a blood test if it got worse.

Now - 20 days later my hands are peeling - I look like something out of the Mummy. It's disgusting!! I didn't get the blood test because I thought it had cleared up. Now I have discovered a new rash all over my legs, like tiny red pin pricks in clusters and by themselves. I am getting the blood test and going to the doctors today. I'm also getting my hair cut and for some reason I am so so anxious about today.

I hate getting blood tests! I'm not particularly good at getting my haircut either. I have had to take a Valium - the first one in ages!! It sucks. Why can't I just be normal - and look normal. I go back to work tomorrow and look like some kind of freak!!!

So gross!