PDA

View Full Version : Realization

jenneye20
05-28-2007, 09:46 PM
I am new to this forum. I do particpate in another forum for anxiety sufferers. I was doing a little research and realized that I have agoraphobia. I have the need to be in control, and have to be able to escape. I can't handle the fact that I might get embarrased either. I have issues with riding with someone in a car that I don't feel comfortable saying, can you pull over, or whatever , or... i need to go home now. I am married and have kids. I am fairly young. My inlaws are trying to be sympathetic, but don't get it. Therefore, I come across as not liking them... anyway... just thought i'd say hello.
Jenni :D

Courage101
06-01-2007, 11:05 AM
Hi Jenny,

I have suffered from agoraphobia, too. While it still comes up from time to time, I've have a lot of success in beating it using the Sedona Method. While I have a hard time concentrating on reading (I worry that I could be using my time more wisely), I've found the audio program to be extremely helpful.

To find out more, Google "the sedona method" and click on the "what is" link.

It's money well spent, especially the part on relationships. I found that it really helped me when I first got it, and that I reference it often because it helps in unexpected ways.

Andy