PDA

View Full Version : Trouble while falling asleep.

justconfused
01-19-2013, 09:57 PM
I've seen people mention this on here and was wanting to hear experiences about it. I will lay with my eyes closed and finally after awhile of laying there I will feel like I'm fixing to go to sleep. Right about that time I feel like my muscles jerk or something all at once and I get up suddenly. My heart seems to be beating harder after it happens, but my pulse is never really high. How often does this happen to you and what is your experience like? Similar?

It doesn't happen every night. It happened last night and I thought I had it linked to when I had a bad day, but yesterday I spent the whole day out with my girlfriend doing things and having the most fun I've had in awhile. I figured time to get some good sleep after a good day I'm not feeling bad at all, then bam it hits me right when I'm drifting off and I don't understand why it's happening when I feel happy.

Courtneykinns
01-19-2013, 10:58 PM
Yes i get this everytime i try to fall asleep. I always wake up from it really scared & then i realize my body just woke me up.
Idk why it happens, but you're not alone.
(:

ikilledadragon
01-19-2013, 11:57 PM
Night terrors right?

metallijim
01-20-2013, 03:34 AM
I've had this checked out and it's a form of anxiety. Basically it's when your body falls asleep quicker than your mind. I find I can feel all my muscles in my body relax, and just as I think I'm about to fall asleep I jolt. I tried staying awake to the point where I couldn't help but fall asleep but found that actually makes it worse. It's just going to bed stressed. My mind is racing, but my bodies tired. It's my bodies defense mechanism thinking something is wrong. But it's nothing to worry about (I know it's easier said than done)

daisy84279
01-20-2013, 10:51 AM
I have this happen to me too. But just becuase you had a good day, doesnt mean your unconscious isnt stressed or anxious. Ever had a dream about someone who you havent seen or thought of in a long time? Its like that. Our brains are so complex and they can do some very strange things to the body.

justconfused
01-20-2013, 01:48 PM
I have this happen to me too. But just becuase you had a good day, doesnt mean your unconscious isnt stressed or anxious. Ever had a dream about someone who you havent seen or thought of in a long time? Its like that. Our brains are so complex and they can do some very strange things to the body.

That's a good way of putting it. That helped alot. I'll tell myself that if it happens again.