PDA

View Full Version : Panic/anxiety attacks

Bowie
01-18-2013, 05:30 PM
I get panic attacks that make me feel as if I'm dying.

I can't breath, my heart pumps hard against my chest, I'm dizzy, light headed, I feel like I'm going to faint, I feel as if I have a high fever, I sometimes lose my vision and black out, I shake uncontrollably, my vision is weird and I cant control my eyes, my stomach hurts/I feel like I'm going to vomit, my head hurts, my chest tightens/hurts, and I am truly convinced that I am dying. There are more symptoms but those are the more main ones.

I'm always convinced I swear I am dying. know it's silly but I can't help it. I just started my new medicine today for my anxiety since Sertraline 50mg only helped with my depression. I'm taking Burspirone 10mg now, does anyone feel this way also? I just feel kind if silly. Does anyone take Burspirone? Does it help with panic/anxiety attacks?

Thanks for any help:)

trinidiva
01-18-2013, 06:10 PM
I get panic attacks that make me feel as if I'm dying.

I can't breath, my heart pumps hard against my chest, I'm dizzy, light headed, I feel like I'm going to faint, I feel as if I have a high fever, I sometimes lose my vision and black out, I shake uncontrollably, my vision is weird and I cant control my eyes, my stomach hurts/I feel like I'm going to vomit, my head hurts, my chest tightens/hurts, and I am truly convinced that I am dying. There are more symptoms but those are the more main ones.

I'm always convinced I swear I am dying. know it's silly but I can't help it. I just started my new medicine today for my anxiety since Sertraline 50mg only helped with my depression. I'm taking Burspirone 10mg now, does anyone feel this way also? I just feel kind if silly. Does anyone take Burspirone? Does it help with panic/anxiety attacks?

Thanks for any help:)

I take both of these meds. I started with the Buspirone first, and then added the Zoloft. (Setraline) I take Buspar twice a day, 15mg, and the liquid version of Zoloft, only 12.5ml of that once per day. It has definitely reduced the number of panic attacks I have, but i still get them from time to time. When I do get those, if they are REALLY bad, I will take half of a xanax pill.

Bowie
01-18-2013, 07:20 PM
I take both of these meds. I started with the Buspirone first, and then added the Zoloft. (Setraline) I take Buspar twice a day, 15mg, and the liquid version of Zoloft, only 12.5ml of that once per day. It has definitely reduced the number of panic attacks I have, but i still get them from time to time. When I do get those, if they are REALLY bad, I will take half of a xanax pill.

Since today was my first day taking it, I decided I'm probably going to have to take Buspirone twice a day. If it doesn't work I will probably given Xanax, hopefully this Buspirone works.

Thanks for the info!

Ahlstrom
01-18-2013, 08:11 PM
Buspirone is probably going to have to build up over a couple of weeks (maybe 6 maximum) to feel the full effect. Go with whatever dosage your doctor gave you and don't switch. (I'm assuming that Buspirone is a daily anxiety drug)

How often do you have the panic attacks? You may want to try Klonopin instead of Xanax if you have multiple attacks a day. Xanax is fast acting, but won't keep you calm for maybe more than 3 hours. Klonopin acts just a bit slower and keeps me calm for around 7 to 8 hours.

Slammed Vdub
01-18-2013, 10:31 PM
I cant chip in with the meds as i cant take them. But, i have been in your place before. I swore i was about to die. But after the first couple times it happened i realized that im still living and it truly IS just the anxiety and nothing else. If it happens i sit back and think about whats causing me to stress out. Try to not think about the symptoms as that will just get you worked up even more. You just kinda have to wait it through and move on. Good luck

Bowie
01-19-2013, 12:10 AM
Buspirone is probably going to have to build up over a couple of weeks (maybe 6 maximum) to feel the full effect. Go with whatever dosage your doctor gave you and don't switch. (I'm assuming that Buspirone is a daily anxiety drug)

How often do you have the panic attacks? You may want to try Klonopin instead of Xanax if you have multiple attacks a day. Xanax is fast acting, but won't keep you calm for maybe more than 3 hours. Klonopin acts just a bit slower and keeps me calm for around 7 to 8 hours.

I'm going to keep tabs on how it's working so I can decide if I will tell my doctor that I want to stay on it to let it take the full effect.

My dosage is 10mg-20mg, she said I should take one in the morning and if I still feel anxiety/panic attacks then I should take another in the evening.

I have panic attacks daily/every other day, some worse than others. It usually depends if I feel safe or if I feel very worried. Today was one of the worse. If I have one, I have multiple. I had two today. Was terrible.

I will bring Klonopin up to my doctor if the Buspirone doesn't help. Thank you:)!

Bowie
01-19-2013, 12:15 AM
I cant chip in with the meds as i cant take them. But, i have been in your place before. I swore i was about to die. But after the first couple times it happened i realized that im still living and it truly IS just the anxiety and nothing else. If it happens i sit back and think about whats causing me to stress out. Try to not think about the symptoms as that will just get you worked up even more. You just kinda have to wait it through and move on. Good luck

I understand after the attacks that it was purely just anxiety, but during nothing else is going through my mind except "I am dying. I am in so much pain. I am dying." Next time though I will just sit back and try to calm down and not panic even more. Thanks for the advice:)

angieproc1977
01-19-2013, 06:35 AM
I get like this have done today in fact it's very scary I kind of feel not here but I'm fine now just feel a bit tense which is a usual after effect for me I KNOW it's just anxiety but while its happening my mind won't let me think anything but fear I'm dying I'm convinced my hearts going to pack in x