PDA

View Full Version : Can't sit still, so tense!

Jules1963
01-18-2013, 02:39 PM
I feel like I'm so tense all the time and cannot relax and my body trembles inside. My insomnia is awful, I've tried massages, warm baths and jacuzzi, but even if I manage to fall asleep I'm awake again after a very short time. The Er doc gave me ativan which helps a little but I feel so depressed in the morning and can't get up. I see a psych doc on Monday and think I may need and anti=depressant. How long does it usually take before you feel relief from those?

becki
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Hi welcome to the group. I started lexapro and it took about 4 weeks to see a improvement. It takes time and work to improve the anxiety. Good luck!!

Str8crew
01-18-2013, 03:42 PM
I feel like I'm so tense all the time and cannot relax and my body trembles inside. My insomnia is awful, I've tried massages, warm baths and jacuzzi, but even if I manage to fall asleep I'm awake again after a very short time. The Er doc gave me ativan which helps a little but I feel so depressed in the morning and can't get up. I see a psych doc on Monday and think I may need and anti=depressant. How long does it usually take before you feel relief from those?

I have the same tensing and trembling and it's terrible... I just wish I could relax! I was prescribed Zoloft and have yet to take them (they've been sitting in my cabinet for 5 months). I'm too afraid to take anything.. even an Advil... not sure why I've never been like this until recently. Good luck to you.. I hope all works out!

Jules1963
01-18-2013, 04:21 PM
Hi welcome to the group. I started lexapro and it took about 4 weeks to see a improvement. It takes time and work to improve the anxiety. Good luck!!

Thanks for the response, did you find anything that helped you during those 4 weeks?

martin19
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I have the same tensing and trembling and it's terrible... I just wish I could relax! I was prescribed Zoloft and have yet to take them (they've been sitting in my cabinet for 5 months). I'm too afraid to take anything.. even an Advil... not sure why I've never been like this until recently. Good luck to you.. I hope all works out

Sertraline is a stimulant

Str8crew
01-19-2013, 12:51 PM
Sorry if I sound dumb... But wouldn't that not be a good thing to take them then if I'm already not calm? Why would my doc prescribe them to me?

lucramsey
01-19-2013, 01:09 PM
Hi, im in the uk and I have been given anti ds.I started feeling better as soon as i start taking them, more because I knew they were helping me? Maybe the plasibo effect. You should get some sleeping tablets to get you back into a sleep routein. Just remember your not alone xx

martin19
01-19-2013, 04:14 PM
Cause the docs sometimes don't look deep enough into it or if u don't tell them your restless they won't think of it