PDA

View Full Version : So many symptoms! Is it just anxiety?

cat28
01-18-2013, 10:31 AM
I haven't seen a doctor in a year. Last January I had an EKG and blood work because of my chest pain. They were normal and so were all the other ones I've had in the past. I always get chest pain on my left side and get out of breath and sometimes I'm afraid to even walk because I'm afraid I'll drop dead. I'm afraid to work out because right away my chest hurts. I'm happy with everything in my life so I don't understand why I have anxiety, which leads me to believe that it's something more. Please share your scary symptoms. How can I know if its more than anxiety? I plan on scheduling an appointment soon

dazza
01-18-2013, 10:52 AM
I haven't seen a doctor in a year. Last January I had an EKG and blood work because of my chest pain. They were normal and so were all the other ones I've had in the past. I always get chest pain on my left side and get out of breath and sometimes I'm afraid to even walk because I'm afraid I'll drop dead. I'm afraid to work out because right away my chest hurts. I'm happy with everything in my life so I don't understand why I have anxiety, which leads me to believe that it's something more. Please share your scary symptoms. How can I know if its more than anxiety? I plan on scheduling an appointment soon

Left hand chest pain is very common. As is armpit & left arm.
All makes ya think its a heart attack eh?

Been there / done that a thousand times.

Its a result of muscle tension... altho why mostly left side, god only knows.

I've proved its not heart by exercising hard. Funny enough I get NO pain then... UNLESS... I start worrying.

All mind driven me old love.

Go get checked again then go play an enjoyable sport with plenty of physical. This will prove once & for all & release you from the anxiety that traps you.

trinidiva
01-18-2013, 06:18 PM
Left hand chest pain is very common. As is armpit & left arm.
All makes ya think its a heart attack eh?

Been there / done that a thousand times.

Its a result of muscle tension... altho why mostly left side, god only knows.

I've proved its not heart by exercising hard. Funny enough I get NO pain then... UNLESS... I start worrying.

All mind driven me old love.

Go get checked again then go play an enjoyable sport with plenty of physical. This will prove once & for all & release you from the anxiety that traps you.

^^^ What he said. I used to worry something was wrong with my heart, went through all sorts of tests, cardiac stress tests etc...just to find out that my heart is super healthy and it was all due to anxiety.