PDA

View Full Version : Coping with symptoms

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 09:45 AM
My worst symptoms are losing feeling in my hands, being very fidgety & feeling outside of my body.
It's really distracting me at work. Anyone have any tips on coping with them? I'm finding it really difficult to concentrate & actually do my work.
Any help would be appreciated.

bfsgreg
01-18-2013, 10:11 AM
I know exactly what you mean, i'm dealing with some symptoms as we speak at work-dizzy, light headed,nausea..........
Hang in there they will pass-we will make it through together o.k.-your not alone

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 10:18 AM
It's hard to think about work when they happen isn't it?
What sort of job do you do?
I'm trying to read a book to see if that will take my mind off them for a while.
Thank you for your response.

bfsgreg
01-18-2013, 10:27 AM
I'm a manager for a company that sells truck and trailer parts, it's difficult to deal with anxiety because I oversee so much of the company operations and employees that I can't leave.
I also feel like it could be viewed as a weakness if I tried to explain what I am dealing with.

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 10:35 AM
Do you take any meds or see a therapist?
I can imagine its hard when you're in charge of so much within the company.
I work in a call centre dealing with motor claims so I can't really leave when I feel awful, but sometimes I just can't handle it well enough & end up leaving :(

bfsgreg
01-18-2013, 10:42 AM
yeah I take lexapro 20mg.......
how about yourself?

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 10:49 AM
I'm currently on 100mg Sertraline & 2mg diazepam as & when I need it (basically 3 times a day)
I'm on the waiting list for CBT.
Just had my blood taking to check for B12 & Magnesium deficiencies too, to see if that's a factor.

Quick question; does bfs stand for Bowling For Soup?...

bfsgreg
01-18-2013, 11:04 AM
haha-no it actually stands for my company name bay fleet supply........
how long have you been suffering from anxiety?
Also do ever have full blown panic attacks/

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 11:27 AM
Haha sorry, was just my first thought.
I've had anxiety for about 5 years, was diagnosed after my first panic attack. I do get panic attacks quite often. Well more often than I'd like. But my anxiety symptoms are quite debilitating.

bfsgreg
01-18-2013, 11:33 AM
so how ya feeling now,I feel a lot better-nice to talk to someone who understands.....
I have an amazing wife but she's never felt the symptoms so she does her best to understand

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 11:37 AM
I'm feeling okay at the moment thanks, I've had to take 2 diazepam to feel normal though.
Have you had a good or bad day in general?

Yeah I have friends that try to understand, but until they've felt what it's like, it's more sympathy than understanding.

joshbagosh
01-18-2013, 04:03 PM
My symptoms only occur at work! I have a go, go, go job too so it's very hard to keep up when I'm dizzy and just odd feeling all day! I always feel like I'm going to die but at the end of the day, I'm fine and I feel good at home!

I'm an electrician btw for a big chemical company

bfsgreg
01-18-2013, 04:30 PM
I'm feeling okay at the moment thanks, I've had to take 2 diazepam to feel normal though.
Have you had a good or bad day in general?

Yeah I have friends that try to understand, but until they've felt what it's like, it's more sympathy than understanding.

rough in a.m. but felt better as day progressed, just relax and do something to occupy your mind (which is difficult sometimes)
if you need to talk you can hit me up o.k.
have a great evening

martin19
01-18-2013, 04:35 PM
Does your sertraline work I tryed 50mg and 100 it worked for thoughts but was too stimulating and made my pupils huge

temperancebrennan
01-18-2013, 04:39 PM
I wish I could feel normal at home. It's very rare that I feel properly normal. Maybe a couple of hours out of the day.
I'm always trying to keep busy. My standard things are watching a comfort film (something I've seen a billion times), reading, playing solitaire, sorting my room out, playing with Fernando, having a bath to relax etc.

How do you relax at home? & how do you manage to cope through the day at work?