PDA

View Full Version : Um, hi

Pixton
05-26-2007, 11:13 AM
Hi, my name is Dina, and as you can tell I'm new to this forum.

I don't exactly know if I have an anxiety disorder or not. All I know is that I'm anxious more often than I'd like.

I guess it kinda started about two and a half years ago. I was staying after school talking to a teacher of mine, when I suddenly became really dizzy. I felt like I was going to pass out. I went home and tried to sleep it off, but the dizzyness wouldn't go away for weeks. I kept worrying so much, I thought there was something physically wrong with me, because I couldn't for the life of me figure out what was wrong.

I eventually went to see a doctor about it, and it turned out it was only low blood pressure (thank God). The worrying stopped for a while, but then it started coming back - and it hasn't left me since then. I worry about discovering that I have all sorts of illnesses - even if I don't have any symptoms, I just convince myself that I'm ill.

I also worry about other stuff. Sometimes things that aren't even directly related to me. I tend to worry about my relationship with my dad, and how badly it's going to end with him.

I've also been worrying since last summer about my appearance. I have an identical twin who used to be slightly bigger than me, but she lost a lot of weight dramatically last summer, and is so much thinner than me. I know that appearance isn't everything, but for some reason it bothers me. I don't want to be labeled "the fat twin." It makes me feel bad - especially when I have a family that isn't very subtle when pointing these things out.

I've been seeing a councellor for the last year and a half, but it doesn't seem to be working. I haven't even been diagnosed or anything, so I'm starting to wonder if I'm just being stupid.

Thanks for reading
Dina :)