PDA

View Full Version : Looking for help.

fll
01-17-2013, 07:41 AM
Hello my name is Fran. I started to suffer from Anxiety in 2008 when I was at college. It started off with panic attacks during lectures and progressed to panic attacks about the thought of going into certain rooms such as lecture halls, the cinema, pretty much anywhere that I couldn’t leave easily. It got so bad for me at one point I didn’t even want to leave my house, I cancelled plans with friends so as not to have to experience anymore panic attacks. I decided that enough was enough and went to therapy for a few months, it was expensive but I definitely felt the benefits. I was then able to go to University, which I had put off because of my Anxiety.

I am now at University studying photography and have decided that for my final third year project that I want to create a body of work around suffering with Anxiety. The reason being that I didn’t feel that anyone really understood what it felt like to suffer from continuous panic attacks and I want to make it more known to those who don’t know about it in hope that it is taken more seriously. So far my work consists of people, places and things. But what I am hoping is that more people will want to become involved in my work, to emphasise how many people are affected.
In no way is it my intention to exploit anyone, as a fellow sufferer I am just asking for help to make my work come to life. If anyone is interested please get back to me, I am planning to send disposable cameras so you can take pictures of what triggers you, anything that makes you feel better, or simply representations of how it feels to have anxiety. As well as imagery I may ask a few questions in relation to triggers or distraction techniques. I see this work as a sort of phototherapy, using imagery to better understand Anxiety.

The final work will be exhibited in a London exhibition, a university exhibition in Bristol (my place of study), on my website, and I plan to create a book out of the imagery collected.

If you feel you would like to participate please contact me.

Thank you.

dazza
01-17-2013, 08:33 AM
Hello my name is Fran. I started to suffer from Anxiety in 2008 when I was at college. It started off with panic attacks during lectures and progressed to panic attacks about the thought of going into certain rooms such as lecture halls, the cinema, pretty much anywhere that I couldn’t leave easily. It got so bad for me at one point I didn’t even want to leave my house, I cancelled plans with friends so as not to have to experience anymore panic attacks. I decided that enough was enough and went to therapy for a few months, it was expensive but I definitely felt the benefits. I was then able to go to University, which I had put off because of my Anxiety.

I am now at University studying photography and have decided that for my final third year project that I want to create a body of work around suffering with Anxiety. The reason being that I didn’t feel that anyone really understood what it felt like to suffer from continuous panic attacks and I want to make it more known to those who don’t know about it in hope that it is taken more seriously. So far my work consists of people, places and things. But what I am hoping is that more people will want to become involved in my work, to emphasise how many people are affected.
In no way is it my intention to exploit anyone, as a fellow sufferer I am just asking for help to make my work come to life. If anyone is interested please get back to me, I am planning to send disposable cameras so you can take pictures of what triggers you, anything that makes you feel better, or simply representations of how it feels to have anxiety. As well as imagery I may ask a few questions in relation to triggers or distraction techniques. I see this work as a sort of phototherapy, using imagery to better understand Anxiety.

The final work will be exhibited in a London exhibition, a university exhibition in Bristol (my place of study), on my website, and I plan to create a book out of the imagery collected.

If you feel you would like to participate please contact me.

Thank you.

There are many ways to make someone understand what a panic attack is like. Here are some of my favourites:

1/ Throw them into a Lion paddock at feeding time.

2/ Drive them round a Spanish mountain really fast, keeping to the very edge of the cliff.

3/ Make them do a sky-dive but rig their parachute such that only you can open it when you press a button on a remote control.
Leave it until they're about 100 feet above the floor.

4/ Cover them in jam & coca-cola, then throw them into a wasps nest.

Any of the above should trigger their fight or flight meachanism, giving them a little taster of what us poor fucks have had to endure... only without a real situation.

LOL

trinidiva
01-17-2013, 10:06 AM
There are many ways to make someone understand what a panic attack is like. Here are some of my favourites:

1/ Throw them into a Lion paddock at feeding time.

2/ Drive them round a Spanish mountain really fast, keeping to the very edge of the cliff.

3/ Make them do a sky-dive but rig their parachute such that only you can open it when you press a button on a remote control.
Leave it until they're about 100 feet above the floor.

4/ Cover them in jam & coca-cola, then throw them into a wasps nest.

Any of the above should trigger their fight or flight meachanism, giving them a little taster of what us poor fucks have had to endure... only without a real situation.

LOL

Lol!!!!! Very descriptive ways of describing panic attacks....but true....

dazza
01-17-2013, 10:14 AM
Can you think of any more?

Here's another:

1/ Strap a pretend bomb to them (but convince them it's real) with a 10 minute count-down timer on it.

10 minutes of pure, unrefined PANIC... lol

tick, tick, tick...

trinidiva
01-17-2013, 10:34 AM
Being the only human in a room of flesh eating zombies.....lol

Uhhh....driving a golf cart on a major highway.....

What's else......falling into a vat of electric eels........

Yeah, the type of fear you'd feel being in any of these situations would certainly be similar to the type of fear you would feel during a panic attack.

Can you think of any more?