PDA

View Full Version : anxiety & anger

PhoenixStorm
01-16-2013, 06:50 PM
Just recently my anxiety and frustration with my anxiety has started triggering a lot of anger problems. I snap at the littlest things and I just can't seem to express my frustration or anger in a healthy way, all I can do is lash out. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just angry all the time.

ikilledadragon
01-16-2013, 08:52 PM
Try breathing...

trinidiva
01-17-2013, 10:04 AM
Exercise works!!! I take a kickboxing class, and on days when I'm really stressed, I punch the heck out of the heavy bags. It makes me feel better.

PhoenixStorm
01-17-2013, 07:18 PM
Exercise works!!! I take a kickboxing class, and on days when I'm really stressed, I punch the heck out of the heavy bags. It makes me feel better.

That might help over all.. but what about in the moment I can't find anything to just calm myself down.. its like I can't give up and I have to fight

Bowie
01-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Just recently my anxiety and frustration with my anxiety has started triggering a lot of anger problems. I snap at the littlest things and I just can't seem to express my frustration or anger in a healthy way, all I can do is lash out. Has anyone else experienced this? I'm just angry all the time.

I have had to deal with this for awhile. I didn't have any way to express my stress and anger and anxiety so I snap at everything. But I already have anger issues alone, so it's like double now. Ever since depression started effecting me I have toned down but I think my medicine is working as well.

I tend to find if you surround yourself with people who don't get you riled up or annoy you, that helps a lot. Avoid people who will trigger your anger.

Try breathing exercises, alone or as you are getting a little too angry. Yoga is also nice, exercising, etc.

As you start getting angry, take a moment and think about why you are getting a bit flustered. Are you overreacting? Is it worth getting mad over? Is it worth it at all? Just try to let things go sometimes.

If you feel like you are getting a little out of hand, remove yourself from the situation, when you are calmed down and feel like you can handle yourself properly, go back and sort it out.

I hope this helps, good luck :)

PhoenixStorm
01-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Thank you for the advice..

Does anyone know if routines would be a good thing or a bad thing to have... I'm a list maker and a planner and I wonder if having more structure would ease a little anxiety for me.

I know it sounds bad but I think being more "boring" and predictable would be better for me. I used to work 10 he days 5 days a week and was a lot less anxious then (a lot less sober too). But I was thinking of finding an alternative healthy habbit.. like yoga or something and create a sort of scheduale.. not so much to keep to a very strick time.. but just to base my day on.. I dunno.. maybe someone else has some input..
Thank you.

Bowie
01-17-2013, 08:20 PM
I think that's a great idea, actually. If it helps you then I think you should go for it. Having a schedule helps some people, if what you say is true then you are one of them. I love schedules and knowing what to do, how long, and not stress about it. Yoga or an activity is a great idea to add to your schedule. Two might be a good idea so it isn't all work you're sticking too.

PhoenixStorm
01-17-2013, 08:45 PM
I just have to do something.. always positive thinking!!

Bowie
01-17-2013, 08:50 PM
Great attitude! I wish you luck!

Slammed Vdub
01-17-2013, 10:17 PM
Good advise^. But yeah stay busy, it really helps to keep your mind off the things that trigger anxiety. That's what helps me the best. I also suffered from some anger issues and i just removed myself from the issue. Just kinda got to breath and take a step back and look if its really worth getting mad at. Good Luck.

PhoenixStorm
01-20-2013, 01:38 PM
Thank you.. its taking me a while trying to figure out what exactly triggers it sometimes, while other times I snap at things for absolutely no reason..
One thing that would help is if my husband understood more.. I know it has to be hard to live with my when I'm having bad days and not knowing what is going to happen today.