PDA

View Full Version : Am i alone?

intheinfinite
01-15-2013, 06:39 PM
I feel like my anxiety is different than most I real on this forum. Let me explain.
I've had anxiety off and on for about two years. I used to panic while having an attack but now I have almost no mental anxiety, like it's all physical.
I have the irregular breathing, shortness of breath, light headedness, numbness of hands and arms. Also mine are lasting a lot longer than I'm used to. Just the other night it lasted about 5 hours. It was horrible.
I feel like i always have to yawn, like I'm not getting enough oxygen.
The only thing that really helps is calling and talking to my mom.

Also, when I try to fall asleep when this is happening, I stop breathing and wake up from not breathing every few minutes.
So I know it's not just in my head.
I don't know. I guess I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing my symptoms. There's something about misery loves company. :)

intheinfinite
01-15-2013, 06:41 PM
Also I realize I only have anxiety at night time and also while driving. Anyone else?

intheinfinite
01-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Hi - and thanks.

Glad I'm not alone, and no I haven't gone to a professional yet mainly because I have a phobia of medicine.
I understand that therapy helps but I've been in a financial bind. I'm kind of just waiting for it to go away, at least that's what I usually do. It'll go way fro months at a time but it always comes back

max7735
01-15-2013, 09:27 PM
I feel like my anxiety is different than most I real on this forum. Let me explain.
I've had anxiety off and on for about two years. I used to panic while having an attack but now I have almost no mental anxiety, like it's all physical.
I have the irregular breathing, shortness of breath, light headedness, numbness of hands and arms. Also mine are lasting a lot longer than I'm used to. Just the other night it lasted about 5 hours. It was horrible.
I feel like i always have to yawn, like I'm not getting enough oxygen.
The only thing that really helps is calling and talking to my mom.

Also, when I try to fall asleep when this is happening, I stop breathing and wake up from not breathing every few minutes.
So I know it's not just in my head.
I don't know. I guess I just want to know if anyone else is experiencing my symptoms. There's something about misery loves company. :)

Meee to!!! This post sounds exactly like me!

intheinfinite
01-15-2013, 10:42 PM
I hope we both get through it :p thanks I feel less alone haha