PDA

View Full Version : Do you find meditation useful?

PositiveThinking!
01-15-2013, 02:56 PM
Just wondering since I've tried it for a while and I could not notice any difference, not quite sure if I'm doing it wrong or if it just won't work for people that are way too anxious

becki
01-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Yes for me I did. I'm on generic lexapro. Started out on .10 mg and went to .15 and here I'll stay. It took about 4-5 weeks in the beginning then I upped it and feel much better.

PositiveThinking!
01-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Meditation, not medication :) I was on medication for a long time, but I quit for a year now and it has done nothing but good, I've been feeling better but still I wish I could feel even better

PositiveThinking!
01-15-2013, 03:26 PM
Well, a friend referred me to this Smilingmind website, and I pretty much guided myself from there. I tried it for about 2 weeks, perhaps it was not long enough to notice any changes? Also, when I was asked to meditate on happy moments of my life, I couldn't really remember any, while I could remember most of the bad moments

Cara1989
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
I tried this but I really don't think I do it right....

Saldav
01-15-2013, 03:37 PM
I tried this but I really don't think I do it right....

Lol! Cara your everywhere haha! I guess I am too! Lmao

PositiveThinking!
01-15-2013, 04:03 PM
Hmm, meditating while listening to H. Metal does sound good! But yeah I get it, it's as easy as thinking about nothing, and just get back to the meditation whenever your mind wanders, I think the problem is exactly what you mentioned, that I forced myself to do this and that, that was probably even worse since I was trying to think about crap I did not want to, thanks a lot for the advice!

Mk1710
01-16-2013, 02:34 PM
I think it it all depends on the meds and dosage I think it's done wonders im on citrilopram 10mg and its just helped to stabilise me get rid of the feeling like your mind won't stop over thinking I see it as if you have a broken leg you need a crutch to get a round for a while that's what I see my tablets like just a crutch helping me on my way to recovery :)