PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm New Here!

PhoenixStorm
01-15-2013, 01:50 PM
HI, I'm 23 and I have struggled with Social Anxiety and Agoraphobia my whole life. In 2010 I encountered some very traumatic events that forever has changed my life and my familys and it has exasperated my anxiety. The past 3 years have been so hard and I'm just trying to find someone that understand. One of the hardest things for me is trying to explain what I'm going through... Thanks

mw0929
01-15-2013, 02:17 PM
Hi & welcome! You have come to a great place for understanding and support. Feel free to let us know what you are going through because you will not be judged.

PhoenixStorm
01-15-2013, 02:53 PM
Thank you, This is my first time really talking about my anxiety, but I'm going to try my best :)

alankay
01-15-2013, 02:54 PM
Howde and welcome.

PhoenixStorm
01-15-2013, 03:54 PM
I’ve had anxiety my whole life. When I was younger people would say that I was shy or quiet but the truth is I’ve been silently struggling with social anxiety, agoraphobia, and depression. Later in life it translated into addiction to help cope and quite recently I’ve experienced some trauma that has exasperated it all. I used to self medicate with alcohol which made symptoms more manageable or even non existent, but when I got sober almost 3 years ago everything changed. Leaving my house almost never happens anymore, making phone calls or answering the phone almost never happens except to a close few… this is getting really hard for me to deal with because I have a 19 month old at home and a husband, without him I don’t know what I would do.. I’m almost entirely dependent on him, Driving, Grocery shopping, working.. These are all things I cannot do anymore.. I used to be able to leave with him and feel comfortable enough because he was with.. But now.. I’d rather stay at home then have to go out and experience panic and fear and embarrassment.. I don’t even know where to begin with getting help.. I just need someone that understands.. (my husband does not!) It’s hard to explain irrational thinking.. Especially when I know that its irrational. it’s the same thing with addiction… I don’t know why I can’t just DO things… why I can’t just GO places.. Why I can’t just TALK to people… I know I’ve done it before.. And I know people JUST DO IT… but why cant I? I can’t put into words what I go through.. Even writing this.. I just hope that someone gets it.. Understands… and wants to help.. I need some relief… some… something…