PDA

View Full Version : Causes

granty
01-15-2013, 11:13 AM
What makes your anxiety worse or what are your triggers???

cookie26
01-15-2013, 11:23 AM
What makes your anxiety worse or what are your triggers???

Caffine (coffee), taking on too much responsibility, traffic, people expressing their unrealistic expectations on me (demanding perfection or to succeed highly in everything). Sometimes it's internal and I don't know the trigger, so just need to practice breathing techniques, visualization, listening to calming music, watching a brain numbing tv show, and in desperate circumstances taking xanax.

granty
01-15-2013, 11:34 AM
Oh blimey, mine tends to happen for no reason or if I'm ill

Cara1989
01-15-2013, 11:50 AM
Oh blimey, mine tends to happen for no reason or if I'm ill

Me too.....

granty
01-15-2013, 12:01 PM
I find it very frustrating cara as I would rather there be a trigger rather than feeling fine then the next having axiety out the blue, most off it is probably it plays on our minds then symptoms accur and things escalate

Cara1989
01-15-2013, 12:04 PM
I find it very frustrating cara as I would rather there be a trigger rather than feeling fine then the next having axiety out the blue, most off it is probably it plays on our minds then symptoms accur and things escalate

Yup just when u think u are getting better it smacks you in the face :(

granty
01-15-2013, 12:09 PM
Yup I tend to worry that I'm never going to feel better or go insane lol, I also worry bout my family getting ill, etc

temperancebrennan
01-15-2013, 12:12 PM
Mine happen for no reason as well. Today, I was on my bus journey to work & I could feel it happening, by the time I got to work I was a mess & had to go home at 1:30. I took 2 diazepam tablets & am only just feeling okay. I think I've cried for 2 hours in total today.

Have you had bad days today too?

granty
01-15-2013, 12:20 PM
Yeah having a rough few months really which is really ennoying as had been fine for many many months, gggrrrrrrrr! Are you sure it's not your job that triggers it?

temperancebrennan
01-15-2013, 12:25 PM
Sucks, doesn't it?! How long did you feel okay for?

No, I don't think it's my job that triggers it because it can happen anywhere. In the past month it's happened at work, at home, in a town centre, at my friends house, at my uncles, in my friends car...
If something feels like one of my symptom, then that can set it off. & caffeine used to a bit, but apart from that I can't think of anything really.

granty
01-15-2013, 12:28 PM
I've felt fine for many years just seem to get the odd blips where I might feel rubbish for a few days then goes and I'm ok for months but this time can't seem to get over it, doc did say could up my dose for a while but don't want to

temperancebrennan
01-15-2013, 12:33 PM
How long have you been suffering lately then?
I guess if you have a history of getting better then it may happen again.
How come you don't want to up your dose?
I'm kind of losing hope, but trying not to at the same time.
I want to get better more than anything, but I've tried 5 meds that haven't worked, so I'm feeling awful every day.

Saldav
01-15-2013, 12:35 PM
My anxiety comes out of nowhere, it's like a surprise party. I could be watching tv and a stupid commercial could trigger it. Not being anxious gives me anxiety WTF!

If I feel "normal" I start questioning myself, why this, why that etc. It's a vicious cycle. Goodtimes!!!

granty
01-15-2013, 12:36 PM
I always get over it but wether its a week month or year down the line it comes back guess its something for life, I don't want to go up as dnt want to rely on tablets plus I'm worried that I could go up at might not work then wot??

temperancebrennan
01-15-2013, 12:40 PM
It shouldn't have to be something for life. My mum & uncle both got over it. They can't remember how, but they've not had an attack or symptoms in probably 30 years.
It's getting to that point that's hard.

granty
01-15-2013, 12:58 PM
I haven't had an attack for years just get symptoms

mw0929
01-15-2013, 01:28 PM
My anxiety comes out of nowhere, it's like a surprise party. I could be watching tv and a stupid commercial could trigger it. Not being anxious gives me anxiety WTF!

If I feel "normal" I start questioning myself, why this, why that etc. It's a vicious cycle. Goodtimes!!!

Ha this is so me. If I ever feel some form of normalcy I freak and think why am I not anxious?

granty
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
Same I think oh I haven't had any symptoms for a while then they come on lol

Saldav
01-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Ha this is so me. If I ever feel some form of normalcy I freak and think why am I not anxious?

Sucks huh!

Cara1989
01-15-2013, 03:27 PM
Lol its sucks! When I feel normal I'm like why do I feel normal o.o if I didn't have anything to worry about idkk what I would do....

Saldav
01-15-2013, 03:32 PM
lol its sucks! When i feel normal i'm like why do i feel normal o.o if i didn't have anything to worry about idkk what i would do....

sucks a lot!

mw0929
01-15-2013, 05:00 PM
Sucks huh!

You know it!!

Saldav
01-15-2013, 11:54 PM
You know it!!

Yup! It's a mofo!

rhar
01-16-2013, 01:39 AM
My triggers are purely symptoms.
The following are some of the symptoms that cause my attacks
Dizziness
Blurred vision
Feeling off balance
Feeling like my legs can't walk
Feeling like the floor is moving (like I'm in a lift)
Not being able to focus my eyes on things
Feeling like I'm sinking into my chair when I'm sitting down