PDA

View Full Version : Hospital

martin19
01-14-2013, 12:56 PM
Just got back from hospital overnight stay they thoughti had appendacitus but It ended up me just being ill dizzy lightheaded stomache pains belching really weak I'm just worried would alcahol poisioning show up I'n multiple bloods or urine I'm scared its given me brain damage and that's why my head hurts so bad ?????

temperancebrennan
01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
I would imagine that if you have brain damage then you would feel different & have difficulty doing normal things.
Maybe something did get put in one of your drinks. It has happened to me once before & I was unable to eat for a few days, felt very weak, nauseous, shaky etc.
The worry has probably just heightened your anxiety symptoms which can be overwhelming & give you a headache.
You should be fine :)

martin19
01-14-2013, 01:57 PM
Thanks :) it's just I feel a bit disorientated and stuff was finding it hard to function but I am really exhausted and ill so u know

martin19
01-14-2013, 01:58 PM
And they said the only thing they found with drugs in my urine was the Valium I took so they said it wasn't that

temperancebrennan
01-14-2013, 02:00 PM
Just from my experience, my anxiety definitely gets worse after a night of drinking & sometimes it lasts a couple of days.
Then I worry more because I feel worse, which in turn makes me feel more anxious. It's a vicious circle.
Try drinking a smoothie if you can't eat anything & try to relax & get some sleep. Hopefully you'll feel better tomorrow.

martin19
01-14-2013, 02:03 PM
Yeah it was the fact it's lasted since Friday Wich bothers me the most and makes me panic my anxiety had been extremely bad lately anyway I'm going to go straight back in meds tbh they do help alot

temperancebrennan
01-14-2013, 02:06 PM
That's probably a good idea. Has your doctor ever put your forward for counselling or anything like that?

martin19
01-14-2013, 02:14 PM
Yeah I'm awaiting cbt but I'm worried I won't be able to take it in

temperancebrennan
01-14-2013, 02:38 PM
Same here. My counsellor is calling me tomorrow morning to let me know my options & waiting times.
I think you should go in there with a clear mind. It's helped a lot of people. One of my best friends is studying it & says it will help a lot. She is doing it for her major because it's something she knows will help so many people.

martin19
01-14-2013, 03:08 PM
I hope so I've been grabbing onto things thinking I will just wake up fine one day u know there's only a certain amount I can take I feel I'm dying inside or I'm going to die before I reach 20 feel as though my life's gone before its started :/

temperancebrennan
01-14-2013, 03:19 PM
It won't happen overnight. That's not meant to be negative, but it's true. CBT will help to control the feelings & you learn how to think differently. Then you'll be able to lead the normal life that you want.

Anxiety runs in my family. My nan had it, my uncle had it & my mum had it. My nan died a long time ago, but she was cured.
My mum & uncle are both cured also. They've not had an attack in probably over 30 years. So it is possible to overcome it :) that gives me hope!