PDA

View Full Version : Just curious....

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-14-2013, 12:45 PM
I apologize in advance if I come off stupid, i'm just in a rut and looking for help.

So I was thinking today, I suffer from Anxiety/Hypochondria. There will be PLENTY of times where i'll be on the subway or with friends, or doing something and will feel COMPLETELY healthy and normal, and out of NOWHERE I get really sick feeling. Whether it be nausea, dizzy, headache, stomach ache, diarrhea, fatigue, sharp pains, etc. So I was curious to if i'm alone here or if there are others out there who experience this? Because I find it hard to believe that anxiety or hypochondria can in a way "sneak up" on someone when they are completely feeling fine and like a car crash, happen JUST like that. I may be completely wrong here which is why I am asking you all here.

For quite some months, maybe even years now I haven't felt "healthy". Almost 99% of the time some part of me is hurt, or doesn't feel "normal" to me. I have had plenty of blood work, urine, MRI, ultrasounds, etc on various locations yet nothing has been found. Some minor fluctuations in blood but the doctors said nothing important. I feel like if one thing finally feels ok that something else occurs. If one thing gets "fixed" another "breaks" in me.

So here are my questions to you:
1. Is it possible, none the less, "normal" to feel fine and out of nowhere get sick feeling?
2. Is it possible to ONLY have anxiety about the insides of me. i.e. feeling ALWAYS sick or in pain?
3. Does ANYONE have any advice, besides medicine, to overcome this anxiety/hypochondria?

Because in the end I feel like i'm fighting an uphill battle and it's really taking its toll on me.

Thanks in advance all!

mw0929
01-14-2013, 02:24 PM
Hi! You do not come off as stupid at all. You have very valid questions/concerns. It is amazing what our mind can cause our body to go through. Feeling fine one minute and not so fine the next is pretty common for anxiety sufferers. I have anxiety mainly over my health even though I have been told I'm healthy. Have you tried relaxation techniques like meditation or yoga? Yoga does wonders for me. Also, try journaling your thoughts and worries. Helps get it out on paper.

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-14-2013, 02:30 PM
I've never tried Yoga, i'm afraid i'll embarrass myself honestly lol. I should try journaling. I use to jog and what not but due to the freezing weather I can no longer do so comfortably.

mw0929
01-14-2013, 02:31 PM
I do a lot of yoga at home. I have an app on my phone and tablet that shows you how to do the poses.

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-14-2013, 02:34 PM
What is the name of it? I just got an iPad so i'll have to try it out. I just find it odd that i'll have a good day and out of nowhere my pains or sickness ruins it then Hypochondria takes the wheel and convinces me i'm dying!

mw0929
01-14-2013, 02:52 PM
It's called Daily Yoga. I know how you feel. I have my good days and bad. I have days where I'm convinced I'm dying and then the next day I'm ok. It's very frustrating.

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-14-2013, 02:56 PM
Sadly 95% of the time I am convinced I am dying.

amy09
01-14-2013, 03:32 PM
I completely feel you. I am a hypochondriac as well. My anxiety is mainly about my health specifically my stomach. I have a fear of throwing up and when I got the stomach bug 2 months back It triggered my anxiety back. It's pretty much was my fear hitting me in the face you know? So I definitily don't have that much of an appetite but I do eat so I can function. I have always been thin and underweight and I'm desperately trying to gain weight. My doctor says im healthy as well but in my mind one little ache or pain I quickly search the Internet for my symptoms and I freak out more. :( but I slowly stopped doing that, I've been eating 5 small meals a day and I try and do yoga. Also keep a journal, it really helps.

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-15-2013, 09:50 AM
aha. I feel your pain for sure! How do you do this whole journaling thing? Ive never really got into it? If you wanna find me on Facebook itd probably be easier. I feel like we're pretty close so it may be good to talk! If so find me under...

corywochnik at gmail. com

amy09
01-15-2013, 12:44 PM
Yeah sure how about you private message me and we can talk. I don't really use Facebook as much. But I can add you.

Saldav
01-15-2013, 12:52 PM
Your not alone I've been totally "normal" at times, and anxiety will just slap me in the face out of nowhere.

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-15-2013, 01:31 PM
at Amy, I tried to message you but it said your inbox is full! Ahh!

at Saldav, how bad do your pains get? I mean mine can be mild but will be in awkward parts of my body. Not the typical... dizzy, headache, tight chest I hear others get.

amy09
01-15-2013, 01:32 PM
I just deleted some try again :)

Saldav
01-15-2013, 03:14 PM
at Amy, I tried to message you but it said your inbox is full! Ahh!

at Saldav, how bad do your pains get? I mean mine can be mild but will be in awkward parts of my body.? Not the typical... dizzy, headache, tight chest I hear others get.

I get dizzy foggy weird headaches, my back gets tense and my eyes get tired like if I haven't slept in days.

What do you mean by awkward parts of your body?

Cory Jürgen Wochnik
01-16-2013, 11:33 AM
at Saldav, I wouldn't say weird I guess. Just stomach pains and intestinal, ALWAYS tired, and like weird pains in my body that are hard to describe mainly.