PDA

View Full Version : Spare time

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 05:16 PM
I was wondering what everyone likes to do in their spare time.

Myself, I like to go to music gigs, enjoy cooking & baking, reading, treating myself to bubble baths & face masks & spending time with my snake.

Cara1989
01-13-2013, 05:28 PM

Myself, I like to go to music gigs, enjoy cooking & baking, reading, treating myself to bubble baths & face masks & spending time with my snake.

Its awesome that u have a snake!

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 05:37 PM
He's a corn snake. Had him for just under a year, but I absolutely adore him. He's so cute & little.
Do you have any pets?

abbyholmess
01-13-2013, 06:02 PM
I love to paint and draw. I also read a lot, and play the Sims :) I like to walk and play with my dog.

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 06:16 PM
I love to paint and draw. I also read a lot, and play the Sims :) I like to walk and play with my dog.

What style of painting / drawing do you do?
Awh, I love pets :) what type of dog do you have?

abbyholmess
01-13-2013, 06:28 PM
What style of painting / drawing do you do?
Awh, I love pets :) what type of dog do you have?

I do watercolour most, and acrylic sometimes. Mostly realistic, some abstract in acrylic.
I have a big loveable golden retriever :) I love her so much! She makes me happy.

temperancebrennan
01-13-2013, 06:40 PM
I could never master watercolour, so I'm very impressed. Is painting something that relaxes you then?
Bless, she sounds cute :) my mum has a golden labrador & he's so friendly.

abbyholmess
01-13-2013, 07:09 PM
Ya she's super friendly! I paint all the time, especially when I feel nervous. It makes me feel lots better.

Chiliphil1
01-13-2013, 09:14 PM
I play guitar, darts, pool sometimes. If i can ever get the nerve up I do some karate, but I'm super out of shape!

Also love spending time with the fam

laurandisorder
01-14-2013, 02:11 AM
I don't put enough energy in my hobbies. Sometimes I'm all too content to watch television, rather than work on productive things.

My hobbies include running (I'm not very fast or fit, but I'm working on it) with my dog, Dexter - a gorgeous, lazy Staffy x Rotty. I also enjoy reading, writing and drawing - I draw portraits in pastel and pencil and I also like designing tattoos. I also love to spend time with my other pets. I have two Burmese cats, a 3m coastal carpet python and a corella - which is a bird like a cockatoo, but he's pretty mean - he bites and then laughs about it!!

When I'm feeling social, I like to hang out with friends and go to gigs. My partner used to play in a heavy metal band and we are still pretty into the scene. We also like to jam out at home sometimes. He'll play guitar and I'll sing.

I also plan on taking up something specifically to help me with my anxiety this year. I want to try yoga, Pilates and meditation. I am looking into some classes near my house.

dazza
01-14-2013, 06:21 AM

I like to play with my trouser snake, lmao

Hut hummm... sorry...

Blimey, so many "arty" types on here. Maybe there's a commonality between us regarding talents?

I have a natural talent for drawing and painting, but I can't really be bothered these days.

However, where creativity is concerned, I'll always be doing something.
From programming to designing some electronic gadget, from playing the guitar to animation (e.g cartoons)

Also love D.I.Y. and playing Squash.

Like drinking with me buddies and, don't laugh... dancing (robot / body-popping pmsl)

temperancebrennan
01-14-2013, 11:21 AM
Hahahah typical Dazza! Was waiting for you to say something like that!

It's nice to find out what people enjoy doing. Goes to show that we're not defined by the anxiety!

It's cool that there are so many artists here! You should post links to pictures of your work