PDA

View Full Version : Please Go Away

JayB4231981
01-12-2013, 10:52 PM
Just had a lil anxiety attack, happened after my jaw and side of the face started to feel funny im sure im over thinking but theres alot more to it. I was in the hospital early this morning "chest discomfort" had a ekg and x-ray and it said im all good except my usual high BPM. Was in the ER 2 other times like a month before for me losing my mind over my anxiety, it's through the roof as im typing this im having a reoccurring issue where I momentarily stop breathing but the motion is like a hiccup of sorts, weird I know but that levels my anxiety as well. Im told im ok but I havent had my brain checked and im wondering if new meds are making me worse, im on ativan/metformin and a bp med and take several vitamins like st johns wart. My main symptoms as im typing this is a bit of numbness on 1 side of my face and lips, light headedness disintoriation and just the anxiety its self. I "thought" I would be at ease after I just had a doc say im ok with my heart and all but im not, maybe its cause ive only slept 3 hours the past day I dunno but this is a true nightmare...

Saldav
01-12-2013, 11:30 PM
Its just anxiety no doubt! How many mgs of ativan do you take? And I'm guessing your a diabetic cause of the metformin. Check your blood sugar.

alankay
01-13-2013, 07:46 AM
If you are on say .5 mg ativan, you may just need a little more(1mg?). I'm sure your blood sugar is not helping this all. :( Alankay

trinidiva
01-13-2013, 08:11 AM
Face numbness is definitely one of the lovely side effects of anxiety. Try to control your breathing. Find a quiet place. Lay down, close your eyes. Try to picture a calming scene...for me, it us laying on a beach chair on a beach....the blue, clear water gently lapping in front of me. That may not be calming for you, so just imagine something that is. Breath in slowly, and then exhale completely. Take your time doing this...keep doing this until you feel your anxiety start to settle down a bit. I actually found a free app on my phone that is a meditation app. You can set it for the number of minutes you would like to meditate, and you have your choice of the soothing sound you would like to hear....for me it is the sound of a brook running. I think the name of the link is isatisty, or something like that.
Good luck, and I hope you find some relief soon.