PDA

View Full Version : Im only new thing page

tic
01-12-2013, 08:18 PM
I'm 16 and my parent not know I have anxiety my best friends who older then went the doctor with me and I'm doing counselling to help me I am on no med but I have so many panic attack most often I'm been going to counselling for while because of I the holiday. I have been try to get out more it hard I hate not be able to my parent but they will not understand I scared to but to counselling I worry about seen her again I have been not sleep much ad having a lots of flashback about past

SunnieDebris
01-12-2013, 10:05 PM
Hey there, tic, and welcome. I'm glad you found us. How long have you been attending therapy and how are you doing?

tic
01-13-2013, 01:35 AM
About 4 months still feel weird talk to some about my problem and do no any that can help with have panics attacks and help with get a sleep

anxiousweirdo
01-13-2013, 06:32 AM
Maybe u should tell your parents my mum has helped me so much with my anxiety just knowing that she understands helped me so much

alankay
01-13-2013, 07:54 AM
At this point your anxiety seems pretty bad so seeing a MD about a med for the anxiety/panic might be best. Alankay

laurandisorder
01-13-2013, 08:01 AM
Please tell your parents!

It will take a big weight off and make you feel a lot better!

tic
01-13-2013, 04:27 PM
How do I see md not hear about these and about my mum she single parent with four kids my older has bipolar and she had depression her self so it who just put more stress her

anxiousweirdo
01-27-2013, 09:18 PM
Well with her having depression herself she will be able to help u

tic
01-29-2013, 10:57 PM
I'm not sure I hadn't even gone back to my councilor yet

johnmawson
01-29-2013, 11:29 PM
I JUST posted this in the agrophobia section to someone else who was going through panic attacks.
And I'm sure this will help you too! So i'm posting it on here also

You are definitely not the only one!
I've gone through 18 years of anxiety, and at one point for 2-3 months had 3-4+ panic attacks per day.

I've beat my anxiety now. I wrote a free book about how, with all the techniques and info (check my profile and the website link where you can download the free book is at, if you're interested)

But the best technique to stop an anxiety/panic attack for me personally is one I call melt like butter

Here it is

Melt Like Butter

Melt like butter is my variation on a common relaxation technique, used to control your physical sensations and feelings, which when you put your body in a complete state of relaxation, makes it virtually impossible for your mind to worry.

When to apply?

o Should be practiced daily!
o During an anxiety attack, period of worry or dread
o After a period of anxiety.
o Before going to sleep
o When you can’t sleep

Where to apply?

This technique works best when you are lying down in bed. However you can easily apply this technique any place, at any time!

How to apply:

*Each time your tense your muscle or body part, hold your breath, when you release your tension, breath out with a deep sigh.

1. Rate yourself from 1-100 1-being tense, 100-feeling like melted butter.
2. Set a goal you wish to achieve by the end of this exercise. On the scale of 1-100
3. Get comfortable.
4. Start by clenching your toes for a count of three
5. Then release your toes, letting go of all tension trying to make your toes resemble melting butter. Completely and utterly relaxed and free from any tension
6. Repeat this step a second and third time.
7. Stretch your feet trying to point them upwards
8. Release this stretch, letting go of all tension as the same above
9. Repeat this step a second and third time.
10. Now your flex your calf muscles
11. Release the tension
12. Repeat this step a second and third time.
13. Repeat the tension, release and repeat for the following body parts in this order. Tensing as hard as you can, before releasing trying to feel like melting butter.
14. Quadriceps
15. Gluteus Maximus (your butt)
16. Abdominal region
17. Hands
18. Forearms
19. Biceps
20. Chest
21. Shoulders
22. Neck
23. Jaw
24. Scrunch your face up
25. Raise your eyebrows
26. Full body all at once
27. Once you have gone through all of these body parts, tensing, relaxing and repeating a second and third time, rate yourself again on the scale of 1-100.
28. Repeat all of the above until you have reached your desired target.

*This technique can be applied with and without your eyes being opened, however it is advisable you do not operate a motor vehicle or heavy machinery after or during applying these techniques, as they can and may cause drowsiness.

Why this works?

By tensing the body part, you learn what total tension feels like. This makes releasing all tension on the release of grip an easy thing to do, while repeating this two or three times increases the extent of the release of tension, helping you become more and more relaxed.
Research has proven numerable times, that it is virtually impossible for your body to be anxious when your body at easy. When you change your physiology, you change your psychology.

sandyrdh1
01-30-2013, 07:47 AM
Yes that does work very well. You can look these up on your tube or apps on your phone that walk you through each step with calming music or just someone telling you the steps. It's great and its free:)

johnmawson
01-30-2013, 10:15 AM
Most definitely!
Guided meditation has a very big section on youtube, and one can't go wrong by simply searching that.
And a good thing I like to use (which like you said music), is to use the pandora radio app on phone and play the station "Calm meditation Radio"
It saves me form having to download music, or change the song :)

sandyrdh1
01-30-2013, 10:52 AM
Most definitely!
Guided meditation has a very big section on youtube, and one can't go wrong by simply searching that.
And a good thing I like to use (which like you said music), is to use the pandora radio app on phone and play the station "Calm meditation Radio"
It saves me form having to download music, or change the song :)

I will have to look for that one:)