PDA

View Full Version : Help!

martin19
01-12-2013, 03:16 PM
Went out last night drunk loads mixed drinks got to about two started throwing up fell asleep woke up at Half ten still feeling drunk was sick again loads then I've felt ill all
Day dizzy hot/cold nausea throwing up stomach cramps chest pain I took a Valium while I was drinking to calm me down I'm panicing cause everywhere I look online days alcahol poisoning causes brain damage and coma or was something put in your drink I'm so scared and ill panicing help please

temperancebrennan
01-12-2013, 03:17 PM
What dose of diazepam did you take?

martin19
01-12-2013, 03:24 PM
2mg white ones ?????

SunnieDebris
01-12-2013, 03:29 PM
It sounds like alcohol poisoning more than Valium. You can also call the poison control hotline in your area and ask them for assistance. They can tell you if you need to report to a hospital or call 911.

martin19
01-12-2013, 03:32 PM
Thanks for calming me down nice one u snide ! I havnt thrown up since ten o clock this morning I just feel sick now and have a headache and feel weak

temperancebrennan
01-12-2013, 03:35 PM
Sunnie wasn't trying to be awful with you. It just sounds like a bad hangover to me.
2mg mixed with alcohol would probably make you sleepier, but shouldn't affect you this way by making you feel sick etc
Try not to worry too much.

martin19
01-12-2013, 05:05 PM
Ambulance people came checked me over said I was fine I just feel shit :(

temperancebrennan
01-12-2013, 05:55 PM
Are you on any other medication? Alcohol can sometimes affect you more if you are.
Also, when I've been drinking I always feel more anxious the next day & tend to have an attack. Dehydration & tiredness or something that triggers it probably.
Try to get some sleep & hopefully you'll feel better after a nap.

laurandisorder
01-12-2013, 06:00 PM
Have you been taking in some fluids and keeping them down?

This happens to me all the time - makes me sound like a drunk - ok, it happens to me at LEAST twice a year.

In pretty sensitive to alcohol, it's just one of those things that I can't predict or control unless I stop drinking, which I don't really want to do because I enjoy it.

Sometimes I can drink six full strength beers and I'll wake up fine the next day, other times I'll have a couple of beers and I'll wake up early to start one of my 24 hour hangovers. I puke and puke and puke, feel like crap, sweating, shaking, sleeping and it just doesn't stop. I'm talking 16 hours plus.

One of the worst examples - and one that's relevant because I had taken Valium - was when I got home from an overseas trip. The flight was from 2:00am to 8:00am, I took 15 mg Valium because it was a horrible flight and to stress how awful it was, I didn't sleep a wink. I then had to drive home from my parents house which takes 2 hours on NO sleep and with the Valium still in my system. I got home and slept for 8 hours and then went to a party for a friends 30th. The Valium was still in my system. I had two drinks and I was f-cking mess.

Had to get my partner to bring me home. Started throwing up as soon as I got in and it did not stop for 22 hours. I couldn't believe I was so sick from 2 beers and thought I had caught a bug or something on the plane. It was really because I mixed the booze and a large dose of Valium and the lack of sleep probably didn't help.

As a rule of thumb. If you can't take in fluids for 24 hours or more, it's time to go to hospital.

martin19
01-13-2013, 04:55 AM
Yeah I've taken in fluids but I've woke up now today after a long sleep and my stomache is still burning and I still feel sick :(

yasemin
01-13-2013, 05:08 AM
Funny enough try and eat some dry toasted bread. Maybe it will calm ur stomach

martin19
01-13-2013, 05:13 AM
I've been eating bread and drinking water and resting none of it is working my stomache is hurting still and still getting a bit dizzy :(

trinidiva
01-13-2013, 07:40 AM
Try to drink something like gatorade you may be a bit dehydrated after vomiting so much. Also try some soup broth......drink the liquids slowly, you don't want to over do it....and maybe some bland crackers.....
I had a bad experience, really really bad drinking experience at one point, where I felt terrible for a few days. After that, I cut back my drinking to almost nothing....I waa too scared to feel like that again...and once I started the meds I stopped drinking altogether..... I hope you do feel better soon.

martin19
01-13-2013, 07:56 AM
I'm really cold and my head feels funny

trinidiva
01-13-2013, 08:00 AM
What do you mean by funny? Like pain, or a dizzy feeling? Maybe you outta go in to get checked .... Does your doc have a phone help line or anything.....

laurandisorder
01-13-2013, 08:00 AM
Take in as much fluid as you can. When I have been really I'll, I make up homemade powerade - you need to add 200ml of clear juice to 800ml of water with a teaspoon of salt stirred in. This will help raise your electrolytes.

If you're still feeling awful at the end of the day. I'd go and see your GP or a doctor. I hope you're feeling better soon!

martin19
01-13-2013, 09:12 AM
I mean lightheaded but it might be we're I'm panicing about brain damage or a coma :(