PDA

View Full Version : New here

catlady04240
01-12-2013, 02:14 PM
HI i am new here my name is dawn and i have been suffering with some depression and many other things just seems so much going on here in my life . i have lupus and fibro and just feel all alone and i dont have any support or counslors i was seeing a pysch but stopped because hubby didnt want me to go because he wanted me to be on meds you know and i just am hurting and all just am hurtng emotionally nad physically just know it nice to talk to others and i havent been taking my meds for my lupus or depression really and i just dont care you know its hard thanks dawn

ChiChi
01-12-2013, 03:11 PM
Hi...im new here too...not new to depression....i have to hv the support of someone who unerstandsand helps me talk it thru...that is my husband....im on meds and stopped therapy 2 yrs ago.
I hope to find additional support here.

phoenix1
01-12-2013, 04:58 PM
sorry to hear that u have been going through such a bad time. I really think that this site will give u support. I really think that gaining support is the key to getting anxiety and depression under some sort of control. I get the impression that perhaps you feel that you are not being taken seriously by some of the people around u. May i respectfully suggest perhaps trying a different gp, and perhaps finding you nearest support group (the internet is great for this, and meeting people face to face with similar issues is a great way of making new bonds). I was really concerned that u stopped taking your meds as this can be a really dangerous thing to do, as they tend to do things to the heart (actually i speak from experience on this one, and believe me i take them now lol) There are some great books out there which u may find useful, especially CBT for dummies and NLP for dummies. Thanks for taking the time to read this, and i wish u all the best for the future. joe.