PDA

View Full Version : Skills / Tips to Overcome Anxiety?

emiiclare
01-11-2013, 08:33 PM
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has anything to share that has really helped them overcome their anxiety. I'm always looking for ways to improve on the way I handle my GAD. :)

asiarahman
01-11-2013, 09:36 PM
Hey! I was wondering if anyone has anything to share that has really helped them overcome their anxiety. I'm always looking for ways to improve on the way I handle my GAD. :)

Emii what's gad mean

emiiclare
01-11-2013, 09:50 PM
Emii what's gad mean

Generalized Anxiety Disorder :)

j2005
01-11-2013, 09:58 PM
You bet:
CBT
Acceptance
Exercise
Reduce triggers/stress
Meditate every day and practice deep breathing
Faith/prayer

These have helped me to get to about 90% well.

James

justconfused
01-11-2013, 11:16 PM
I would like to add a part to this question. It seems to be another hard part to deal with. If you can get yourself to accept (which I have) then how do you deal with the symptoms long enough to tell a real difference. That seems to be the problem is the cycle. Once you try it comes and goes and you feel like it isn't anxiety because in your mind you felt better for a few days so why has it came back. Any advice on how to deal with the lasting effects? I haven't panicked in awhile, and I had a few great days, but I get these tingles that really tempt it to come full blown and I try to just keep saying don't give in it hasn't been that long since you were worse than you are now.