PDA

View Full Version : Severe anxiety but is it a disorder ?

SilverG
05-19-2007, 05:57 PM
Hi, 4months ago i started having these bad panic attacks, then it just turned int severe anxiety. Ive definetly been getting better because at 1 point i didnt even want to get out of bed or move around, lots of symtpoms but not its just down to a few.... chest pains/ palipaitions / shortess of breath etc.

From what ive been reading it seems as though ive just overloaded my system but im just wondering if you know of this happening because most of the forums ive read are people who have had it for years and are on medication.

Like one thing i read in a book was 1 in 20 people go through long-lasting severe anxiety at some point but usually overcome it, or that it could have been a nervous breakdown the anxiety kind because uve worn yourself out.

FallenAnx
05-19-2007, 08:56 PM
i pray to god the later my friend, ive had my anxiety since oct/nov of 06, i want it out of my life haha dont want it there for the rest of it

bananapancakes
05-20-2007, 09:59 AM
i feel your plea. i have it too induced by pot i get heart pulpitations and shortness of breath. i feel like killing myself at times and sometimes i wana smoke more do i eventually kill myself.

mrandrewlamb
05-20-2007, 10:33 AM
Your situation sounds exactly the same as mine. I started around 4 months ago thinking there was something seriiusly wrong. Even after phoning NHS Direct they still advised me to go to A&E. Turned out to be a severe anxiety attack.

They went away for about a month after the initial attack and for the past 3 months is in the background.

After much thinking I believe that stress at work is causing my Anxiety issues. I'm kinda thinking that it's my body telling me to go on a holiday or just to take it easy.

Both my parents experienced this in their early 20's but after a while they got over it so i'm hoping that will be the same.

Either way i'm booking a holiday just to de-stress!