PDA

View Full Version : Wierd electric shooting head pain

alliking6
01-10-2013, 08:00 PM
Has anyone ever had wierd zap or electric pain in the head? It only lasts for a second but it hurts and almost makes u pass out for a sec.

browneyes78
01-10-2013, 08:28 PM
I have had that when I sit at the computer too long. It makes me jerk my head back cause it scares me. I called it brain zaps but my dr looked ate like I was crazy.

kasiejuhnay
01-10-2013, 09:04 PM
Yes all the time. Mine jerks forward and down. My doctor said its energy zaps.

alliking6
01-10-2013, 09:11 PM
I have had them before but today I keep getting them. It's driving me crazy and it puts my anxiety threw the roof. So glad I am not the only one that gets them. I don't like them!!

kasiejuhnay
01-10-2013, 09:28 PM
I don't either. It's the one thing that triggers my anxiety the most.

alliking6
01-10-2013, 09:33 PM
Yea. I think I am going to die. Sigh. Lame body.

browneyes78
01-10-2013, 09:45 PM
I can understand why he would call them energy zaps lol because the anxiety sureness the adrenaline rush lol no but for real... They seem to happen to me when I am sleepy and trying to look at the computer.

kasiejuhnay
01-10-2013, 09:57 PM
My uncle pointed out some things to me about anxiety that I had not really thought about. To avoid my anxiety I pretty much go to bed as soon as I get home or at least lay in complete darkness with my phone or iPad for a few hours and then sleep until time for work. He said my body may not know when I'm supposed to be sleeping or awake due to the amount of time I do sleep. There fore I have all of this excess energy in my body...it has to go somewhere. It could be turned into adrenaline or the brain zaps. Just a thought...and it does make sense to me.

cookie26
01-11-2013, 03:03 AM
I've heard these are known as "ice pick headaches", literally zaps of pain or feelings of electical shock in the head that usually last a few seconds. I get them every once in a while, too! But they are ok, headaches can be associated with anxiety often.

cookie26
01-11-2013, 03:04 AM
severe-headache-expert.com/ice-pick-headache.html

laurandisorder
01-11-2013, 04:39 AM
I sometimes get them at night just before I fall asleep. I go straight from drifting off to wide awake.

It's very normal. I got them long before I had anxiety. They are disconcerting, but they certainly aren't doing any damage.

I also noticed mine became worse when I started using medication to help with my depression and anxiety. This may be something to keep in mind too.