PDA

View Full Version : Stress test

defmunel
01-09-2013, 04:04 PM
I go in for my stress test on Friday, and im already stressing. How ironic! #clenchesteeth

SunnieDebris
01-09-2013, 04:31 PM
Hey there! Do you mean a stress test for your heart? Is it the test where they make you eat ice cream?

heyikr1
01-09-2013, 04:42 PM
Don't fret...stress test are really no big deal...they hook you up to an ekg and bp cuff and u exerise. The doc is there the whole time while ur exercising so if anything happens you good to go. I can all but guarantee your symptoms are anxiety related. I get chest pain l, light headed, bouts of sweating...etc. Had every test in the book and anxiety seems to be the culprit. So try not to think about im are it will turn out ok

defmunel
01-09-2013, 04:46 PM
Thanks hey. I'm just worried im "exercise intolerant". My heart doesn't slow down like it should when doing any strenuous exercise. Even walking up a flight o stairs sends my heart racing ad thumping hard. And I'm not overweight by any means....

SunnieDebris
01-09-2013, 04:52 PM
Thanks hey. I'm just worried im "exercise intolerant". My heart doesn't slow down like it should when doing any strenuous exercise. Even walking up a flight o stairs sends my heart racing ad thumping hard. And I'm not overweight by any means....

It may be something that can be treated easily, with a pill or a pacemaker. I have a friend in her 20s who just got a pacemaker. She's back to playing softball and soccer. She's never been better.

defmunel
01-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Ugh. That doesn't help Sunnie! Holy crap.

defmunel
01-09-2013, 04:59 PM
And ya know what? My first thought is to google pacemaker. But I'm not gonna!!!!

Google is the medical devil.

heyikr1
01-09-2013, 05:13 PM
Beta blockers will slow down your pulse. Ive been on them.for yrs and i exercise everyday and run 5ks...once u get a clean bill health for your heart i recommend exercising it has helped me alot.

trinidiva
01-09-2013, 05:20 PM
I took a stress test about two years ago after having an abnormal ekg a few times, shortness of breath, tight feeling in the chest, dizziness, spells where I literally felt like my eyes would roll back in my head for a moment when I would have the dizzy spells...anyway, the stress test was very informative and gave the doctors the answers that he needed right away. Luckly they didn't find anything wrong!!!!

defmunel
01-09-2013, 05:27 PM
Ya, fingers crossed its normal. I had my ECG last week and everything was good. Sometimes I have pvcs wen exercising, but that's when I'm panicking during the exercise. Oh, I'll get there. One way or another, the test is happening. My husband is coming with me. And my cardio doc told me to take a Xanax before I go. Hopefully itll all be good!

heyikr1
01-09-2013, 05:32 PM
I get pvcs from time to time ep (doctor that works on the electrical part of the heart) told me 70% of ppl get pvcs/pacs and there pretty much harmless in a healthy heart. All the more reason to keep at exercising..
Got to keep that heart strong.