PDA

View Full Version : Hi everyone from a newbie!

Ozzy14
01-09-2013, 05:00 AM
Hi, just thought I'd introduce myself 42 yo married mum of 3 adult children and recently a new grand daughter! I have had anxiety for around 10 years. Started when my son had a very bad accident and it was touch and go in wether he would survive, which thank god he did. Up until this point I was a carefree (worry free) person. Since then iv had anxiety mainly relating to the safety of my kids (obvious!) and health anxiety. If I get a cold, it's lung cancer, a headache it's a brain tumour etc... You get the drift! I am on 25mg dothep and 25mg lyrica both nightly. Lyrica is for nerve damage in neck but I hear its also being used for anxirty treatment? I use Valium for those hard days when I just want to be at home but I'm required to go out, usually a couple of tablets a month. If things in my life are good, everyone's healthy and smiling, I'm good. I am also good at the time of a crisis but tend to go downhill once it's over with. I see a psychologist when I think I need to, which usually s only 2-3 times every few years. At the moment I'm not too bad but have moderate concerns about a health issue. I'm glad I found this site and am reading thru some of our posts now.

AnxietyInstituteSA
01-09-2013, 08:30 AM
Welcome newbie! Congratulations on managing your anxiety and seeking support:)

SunnieDebris
01-09-2013, 04:20 PM
Welcome, Ozzy! I'm glad you found us. I'm a little confused when you say you see a therapist when you need to, but only 2-3 times per year. Does this mean that you're not in therapy for anxiety? I think that someone who has suffered with anxiety for 10 years should probably consider treatment for it. You're worth it!

Ozzy14
01-09-2013, 11:06 PM
Welcome, Ozzy! I'm glad you found us. I'm a little confused when you say you see a therapist when you need to, but only 2-3 times per year. Does this mean that you're not in therapy for anxiety? I think that someone who has suffered with anxiety for 10 years should probably consider treatment for it. You're worth it!

Hi and thanks for your replies. What I mean is when I feel unable to control my anxiety myself i know it's time for a bit of help. Iv had anxiety for a long time and can usually handle the ups and downs with medication, exercise ( I absolutely believe in walking, I sometimes get out and walk for 2 plus hours and it works well for me) and talking to friends. If I feel I'm losing control after all of that I have a good therapist (who says iv got great coping skills) and I go and see her.