PDA

View Full Version : Diazepam & work

temperancebrennan
01-09-2013, 04:45 AM
I've just been given Diazepam by my doctor to help whilst my Sertraline is starting to work. I'm wondering if there are any side effects that might affect my day in work if I take it whilst I'm there.

dazza
01-09-2013, 05:24 AM
I've just been given Diazepam by my doctor to help whilst my Sertraline is starting to work. I'm wondering if there are any side effects that might affect my day in work if I take it whilst I'm there.

Don't wonder... just try it.

Start with half a pill first.

It's similar to having a drink... you get a bit of a high from it, then you get a bit sleepy.
Simple as that.

dazza
01-09-2013, 05:27 AM
One, less known side effect is that it can make you think you're a Transformer.

You dress up in silver painted cardboard boxes (for a robot look) and get into fights with printers, computers & vending machines.

trinidiva
01-09-2013, 05:37 AM
One, less known side effect is that it can make you think you're spiderman... so you go round pointing your wrist at people and shooting pretend webs at them.

I'd love to see that.....but yes, it will make you sleepy.

alankay
01-09-2013, 05:44 AM
It might make you a tad drowsy but likely not. Most of the side effects are at higher doses but I think you will find valium a good med. I use it and am so thankful that when I need it, it's there but try I to rarely use it. PM me any time. Alankay

jhunter89
01-09-2013, 05:57 AM
I tried some once. I can't remember how much maybe 10mg. It was pure bliss... Felt very sleepy though. :)

laurandisorder
01-09-2013, 06:02 AM
When I take Valium before or at work, I do tend to get quite drowsy - especially if it is to calm an attack.
It shouldn't affect you too much in terms of performance. It makes me have brain farts sometimes - like when I am trying to think of a word or organize my day - that's about the worst of it.
If you are finding that it is making you drowsy, you can always take your dose before bed. It will help you sleep and it stays on your body for 30-100 hours (depending on your weight, other meds etc).
I hope it helps!!

temperancebrennan
01-09-2013, 08:16 AM
When I take Valium before or at work, I do tend to get quite drowsy - especially if it is to calm an attack.
It shouldn't affect you too much in terms of performance. It makes me have brain farts sometimes - like when I am trying to think of a word or organize my day - that's about the worst of it.
If you are finding that it is making you drowsy, you can always take your dose before bed. It will help you sleep and it stays on your body for 30-100 hours (depending on your weight, other meds etc).
I hope it helps!!

Thank you, I might try it before bed because I do have trouble sleeping. If it stays in your body for a while then it may be worth me trying it that way.