PDA

View Full Version : Rescue Remedy

trinidiva
01-08-2013, 06:47 PM
Ok, this may be a silly question, but I've seen a number of people mention rescue remedy...what is it? Does it actually work?

mw0929
01-08-2013, 06:56 PM
It comes in spray, drops and even gum. I buy it from vitamin shoppe but you can get it at most health stores. It's made from flower essences and contains alcohol. The spray I have says 27% alcohol. It is supposed to calm your stress. It does work for me when my anxiety is mild.

trinidiva
01-08-2013, 07:00 PM
Cool.....thank you! I will have to go and check it out!!!

mw0929
01-08-2013, 07:02 PM
You're welcome! It's definitely something nice to have around the house just in case.

Ahlstrom
01-08-2013, 07:51 PM
Mt stepmother uses it and says it works.... If you ask me it sounds like placebo

temperancebrennan
01-09-2013, 01:52 AM
I use Rescue Remedy spray on a daily basis. (I found it in Sainsburys for £7.99) Multiple times a day as my anxiety is constant. I don't know if it works, or if it is just a reassurance, but it does seem to make me feel slightly better when I use it.
I've also ordered my own Dr Bach mixture off the Internet with ingredients that are specifically meant to target anxiety symptoms. I'm willing to try most things at this point.

dazza
01-09-2013, 07:26 AM
It's been around for a LONG time and, although there is no absolute evidence that it works - a lot of anxiety sufferers turn to it and most say that it helps.
Early studies concluded it did more good than nothing.

From a phsychological perspective, if your mind is conditioned to believe it works - then it probably will.
The placebo effect, if indeed Rescue Remedy is this, can be quite a powerful healer in itself.

I've read many a story of similar suffering individuals fed with a "sugar pill", completely recovered - because they "believed" they would by using this
perceived "wonder pill".

What does this tell you?

Well, it tells me that, if our minds caused our anxiety - then surely it's down to our minds to cure it.

Cara1989
01-09-2013, 01:32 PM
I just bought this today hopefully it work o.o

nf1234
01-09-2013, 11:20 PM
It has worked great for me. Its also small and handy to keep in your pocket just in case.