PDA

View Full Version : Wierd thoughts/feelings. What should I do?

Halfmiler
01-08-2013, 04:13 PM
Hi everyone, sorry about the frequent posting, but I find it kinda therapeutic. Lately though I've been having really strange thoughts over a three week period. I've been on birth control for a year so I don't know if that's a cause. Anyways I just don't feel normal. I question everything in my mind. I've been through so many "what ifs". Deep stuff like "what if my life isn't real" "what if I'm depressed and I'll snap if I don't get help" "what if I'm going to feel like this forever?" I need help this is scaring me....

mellymel
01-08-2013, 04:45 PM
I have all these thoughts too, usually they are MUCH MORE disturbing lol, but non the less scary and weird. I was on bc pills to and completely stopped them for fear that they may have caused those thoughts. Needless to say they did not ease up when I stopped them. So for me it was not the birth control.

SunnieDebris
01-08-2013, 05:47 PM
Halfmiler, racing thoughts can definitely be caused by anxiety. The thoughts are often taboo, and the more taboo, the more extreme our emotions to it. What works for me is to just accept that I am thinking these thoughts, and that it doesn't make me a bad or disturbing person, it's perfectly normal. The more you struggle against the thought, the bigger the anxious thoughts are. If you can accept them and kind of surf them until they diminish on their own, you can get through it.

amy682
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I have these thoughts too, been struggling with them a lot lately. But like SunnieDebris said, if you accept them and ride the wave of them, it is easier. This afternoon I was having one of these weird thoughts moments, actually started to research online into my thoughts. Usually I can get through the thoughts really easy, but I skipped my medication today and ended up leaving work to go seek therapy. If your thoughts are troubling you, I suggest going to someone, a therapist, because those thoughts tend to scare family and friends. They don't quite get it.