PDA

View Full Version : Switching from citalopram to zoloft and scared, help!

natuhhleee
01-07-2013, 10:57 PM
Hi everyone I haven't been on for almost two months. I wanted to get away from anything anxiety related until my celexa started kicking in. But, the bad side effects still stayed so my doc wants to switch me to Zoloft. Has anyone had success with Zoloft? Is it going to be difficult coming off one and starting another?

alliking6
01-08-2013, 09:57 AM
What were your side effects? How long were u on celexa?

natuhhleee
01-08-2013, 02:53 PM
On celexa for almost three months...the side effects for me that surpassed the 6-8 week mark was extreme fatigue, yawning, and grinding/clenching my teeth which I had never done until taking celexa so in the morning I'd wake up with horrible migraines that would last until late afternoon.

hunn3yy
01-08-2013, 06:38 PM
I was on celexa and also experienced the clenching as well as fatigue. Well im not sure if it was the pill that gave me fatigue maybe im just lazy but you shouldn't be scared for your doctor is taking you off it slowly and monitoring it. I did the crazy thing of just stopping cold turkey which caused some bad pain but going off it slowly wont hurt at all.

natuhhleee
01-08-2013, 09:11 PM
I was on celexa and also experienced the clenching as well as fatigue. Well im not sure if it was the pill that gave me fatigue maybe im just lazy but you shouldn't be scared for your doctor is taking you off it slowly and monitoring it. I did the crazy thing of just stopping cold turkey which caused some bad pain but going off it slowly wont hurt at all.

Thank you...that makes me feel much better. The first week of celexa was hell...I had a panic attack from 1am (woke up in a cold sweat) till 6 am. The first week of celexa I may e slept 25 hours. It was almost unbearable. I just hope this one is a little more gentle.

Fashoom
01-09-2013, 12:12 AM
Let us know how you like Zoloft. I'm on Luvox and the fatigue is bad -- I sleep minimum 12 hours a day. A woman in my migraine support group takes Zoloft. But SSRI's are funny - they help some people's headaches and they give some people headaches.

mw0929
01-09-2013, 12:26 PM
I'm starting Zoloft today so I'm curious to see how it works.

hunn3yy
01-10-2013, 12:42 AM
keep having hope with the meds. you will find one thats perfect for you.

hunn3yy
01-10-2013, 12:43 AM
im on venlafaxin (effexor) have been on it for about five weeks. yet to see any results. anyone been on this? how was it? how long did you see results? what were the changes within yourself that you saw?

natuhhleee
01-10-2013, 02:48 AM
Thanks guys I'm taking it super slow...stopping citalopram and gradually starting zoloft on low doses. I'm still worried but meh...ill let y'all know how it goes. I know the first few days will be rough and I had no idea there were side effects when I started the celexa so I literally thought I was dying. I think I'll be a little more prepared now...hopefully. Starting in four days.

hunn3yy
01-10-2013, 03:00 AM
withdraws shouldnt really happen when your taking another pill to replace it. the bad withdraws people usually have is when they are stopping the anitdepressants all together.

Ritch
01-10-2013, 05:50 AM
I have been on all three of the meds mentioned above, for me Zoloft was less harsh for side effects that citalopram. That is the only thing I can really remember, I have taken that many that I have lost track of what medicine did what to me.

hunn3yy what I will say is that venlafaxine is a powerful chemical and please do not miss a dose. When I missed a dose I had a very bad day, but apart from that side effect wise it treated me Ok

hunn3yy
01-10-2013, 06:36 AM
thanks for the advice. ive been on it for 5 weeks now on 150 mg but have yet to see a change. anxiety and panic attacks are still completely underway, as well as depression.

Ritch
01-12-2013, 07:34 PM
Give it a little while longer, there is still potential to substantially increase the dosage in the future if that is what you decide.