PDA

View Full Version : Recovery Set Back?

sofiewofie
01-07-2013, 10:41 PM
Hello Everyone,

Im pretty new here and this is my first post. I had a panic attack once last year and since then worked really really hard to deal with the feelings it left me with. I was also put on klonopin and antidepressants. I was in remission and my doc took me off the klonopin. A month after being off, I had a bit of a relapse .. not a panic attack but an anxiety attack.. or rather just a huge accumulation of anxiety. it lasted for 10 days.

I put back on the klonopin and got a increase in the antidepression part as well. Its only been a day. But I feel some highs and lows. One point, I will feel like I can manage this and therefore heal and work on over coming this... in the next while I will feel the opposite.

Is this due to being on/off the meds? Is this something that is a normal process?

Thanks!

Saldav
01-08-2013, 12:28 AM
I've experience everything you just wrote, its anxiety. How long have you been on the meds, and what do you take?

sofiewofie
01-08-2013, 01:10 AM
I take Klonopin 0.25mg its been 9 months since I have been on them

Saldav
01-08-2013, 01:22 AM
I take Klonopin 0.25mg its been 9 months since I have been on them

What antidepressants do you take?

I've never taken klonopin, but in my opinion just like with any other benzo. the dose your taking seems low. You might need to talk to your doc about it.

sofiewofie
01-08-2013, 01:30 AM
Ah I see... yeah I might. I just got back on them today so Ill give it a few days as for the antidepressents i am on Pristique 100mg (lowest is 50mg)

Saldav
01-08-2013, 01:45 AM
Ah I see... yeah I might. I just got back on them today so Ill give it a few days as for the antidepressents i am on Pristique 100mg (lowest is 50mg)

Ya give the antidepressants more time to do their job, and if your anxiety is at a max I'm not a Dr. This is just my opinion, I would take two of 0.25mg of klonopin. Hope you feel better

sofiewofie
01-08-2013, 11:57 AM
Hey Thanks! I will keep that in mind!

sofiewofie
01-08-2013, 10:47 PM
any other thoughts