PDA

View Full Version : Scared to sleep

sully0105
01-07-2013, 09:47 PM
Today is the last day of winter break and my mom woke me up early to get me prepared for school(which I haven't been to In over a month), I have a shit ton of make up work and I needed to do it, I've also been experiencing some insomnia and she knows it. Anyways I was trying to do my hw but I just couldn't and was hiding from her just so I could sleep. She finally said at 12 "go up stairs and sleep for an hour" so of course I happily did. Now about an hour and a half into my sleep I had an anxiety attack or at least fear that was VERY high and I'm just scared to go to school tomorrow because that's where I've had all of my attacks, and I am also scared to sleep because I don't want to have an attack. Has anybody else experienced a scare in Their sleep? Oh and the dream was just me and my friends hanging out In my room, nothing that would scare me.

P.S I haven't had an attack in months and I have only had 3 or 4 attacks in the 4 1/2 months that I have had anxiety.

SunnieDebris
01-08-2013, 06:01 PM
Sully,

Hey there! I'm sorry you're having such troubling symptoms. Yes, I have woken up in an anxiety attack before. It really makes sleep an exercise in futility. Your stress levels must be super high. Either that, or you are sensitive (or both). I have a sweet kitty who also wakes herself up out of sleep in anxiety. She was exposed to domestic violence when she was a kitten (not my home), and still has fears about that. It could easily affect you the same.

trinidiva
01-08-2013, 06:34 PM
I think you are just super stressed about school, and its causing your panic attack. I think you will be fine, the first few days back will be a challenge, but push through it, you can do it.