PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe myself if it is anxiety or the real thing :(

hiallz5500
01-06-2013, 09:26 PM
Hey, this is my first post and I'm glad to be part of this anxiety only forum. Well for the past almost 2 years I have had these so called "anxiety/panic attacks". I put them in quotes because like the title says I can't believe if my doctors are right. I had these attacks on and off and today I had a TERRIBLE one probably the worst one. It probably lasted for an hour or more. I honestly thought I was gonna have a heart attack cause it was My first time having sudden left shoulder and arm pain but associated with a weird SENSATION. Not pain but sensation and with stomach tightness, nausea and sweaty hands and feet with shivers. I let worst case scenarios overcome me and i just har heart attack thoughts in my head.

Now my past. I had a cardiologist do an echo on my heart in 2011 and he said it was fine. I did anemic tests, chest x ray, blood clot tests and they all came back negative. This year about 1 month ago I went to a cardiologist again and they didn't do an echo or anything. We made an appointment 3 months ahead and all he said was no test was necessary And I guess that Kind of turned my mood off And in my opinion I think doctors don't ever really take you seriously anymore once they "rule" saying I have anxiety.

My first fear was lung cancer cause I heard of radon in basements caused
Lung cancer and I had shortness of breath from hyperventilation. I found out about hyperventilation and was relaxed for like 2 months. My next fear was blood clots and I was scared cause I ha shortness of breath that came and went I thought I had it because I used to sit on the computer for hours without break 3-4 years ago. Then I found out it was nothing. Now I m scared of heart attacks or heart disease in general. Even as I type I have some small pain on my left chest. Today's attacks was terrible like I said and I really thought I was going to die.

I have a bad habit of googling stuff too and look up things about 17 year old
Heart attack chances. I still get frightened thinking I maybe the minority that get one :(

This is ruining my life and I missed like 30 days of school of first semester cause I felt like either vomiting or chest pain and I hate saying it to people cause I think they wouldn't take it seriously. I feel like docs are lying and not trying cause after 1 echo test on my heart they think it's ALWAYS anxiety.

I honestly don't know what to do and feel like going back to a cardiologist for another heart test cause 1 out of the 3 ekgs(the third one) said It was borderline and abnormal and a doctor called and said it was a conductive delay thing. That's when I went to the cardiologist the second time and he said it was nothing with no test. All he did was look at the ekg and we waited 3 months in hopes of a test again but he said no. So now when I get these "attacks" I think of how I was screwed off by the cardiologist the second time and the EKG saying borderline and conduction delay.

I read news reports on teens heart attacks and am frightened. What is the possibility of a 17 year old having a heart attack or heart disease.

Please help and let me know what you all think.

-Sorry for any typos cause I was using my iPod to type

Cara1989
01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
The hardest part about living with anxiety is facing the fact that its just anxiety :/ you are 17 doctors have checked you out you are healthy you just have to realize that the doctor wouldn't lie to you you have to trust that they know what's best I'm sorry that your going threw this sometimes I let panic get the best of me too and litterally feel like my life is over but u can't think like that no matter what ur body says

dedee
01-06-2013, 09:45 PM
Hey, this is my first post and I'm glad to be part of this anxiety only forum. Well for the past almost 2 years I have had these so called "anxiety/panic attacks". I put them in quotes because like the title says I can't believe if my doctors are right. I had these attacks on and off and today I had a TERRIBLE one probably the worst one. It probably lasted for an hour or more. I honestly thought I was gonna have a heart attack cause it was My first time having sudden left shoulder and arm pain but associated with a weird SENSATION. Not pain but sensation and with stomach tightness, nausea and sweaty hands and feet with shivers. I let worst case scenarios overcome me and i just har heart attack thoughts in my head.

Now my past. I had a cardiologist do an echo on my heart in 2011 and he said it was fine. I did anemic tests, chest x ray, blood clot tests and they all came back negative. This year about 1 month ago I went to a cardiologist again and they didn't do an echo or anything. We made an appointment 3 months ahead and all he said was no test was necessary And I guess that Kind of turned my mood off And in my opinion I think doctors don't ever really take you seriously anymore once they "rule" saying I have anxiety.

My first fear was lung cancer cause I heard of radon in basements caused
Lung cancer and I had shortness of breath from hyperventilation. I found out about hyperventilation and was relaxed for like 2 months. My next fear was blood clots and I was scared cause I ha shortness of breath that came and went I thought I had it because I used to sit on the computer for hours without break 3-4 years ago. Then I found out it was nothing. Now I m scared of heart attacks or heart disease in general. Even as I type I have some small pain on my left chest. Today's attacks was terrible like I said and I really thought I was going to die.

I have a bad habit of googling stuff too and look up things about 17 year old
Heart attack chances. I still get frightened thinking I maybe the minority that get one :(

This is ruining my life and I missed like 30 days of school of first semester cause I felt like either vomiting or chest pain and I hate saying it to people cause I think they wouldn't take it seriously. I feel like docs are lying and not trying cause after 1 echo test on my heart they think it's ALWAYS anxiety.

I honestly don't know what to do and feel like going back to a cardiologist for another heart test cause 1 out of the 3 ekgs(the third one) said It was borderline and abnormal and a doctor called and said it was a conductive delay thing. That's when I went to the cardiologist the second time and he said it was nothing with no test. All he did was look at the ekg and we waited 3 months in hopes of a test again but he said no. So now when I get these "attacks" I think of how I was screwed off by the cardiologist the second time and the EKG saying borderline and conduction delay.

I read news reports on teens heart attacks and am frightened. What is the possibility of a 17 year old having a heart attack or heart disease.

Please help and let me know what you all think.

-Sorry for any typos cause I was using my iPod to type

My story is very similar to urs exactly same symptoms ..
I checked everything and it turned negative Except my vitamin D was very low .,
Check urs I am sure it will be low as mine ...
And yes what u have is only anxiety don't worry about ur symptoms its all normal .. Check ur vitamin D and B12. Plus start taking antidepressant med :) good luck

hiallz5500
01-06-2013, 10:01 PM
My story is very similar to urs exactly same symptoms ..
I checked everything and it turned negative Except my vitamin D was very low .,
Check urs I am sure it will be low as mine ...
And yes what u have is only anxiety don't worry about ur symptoms its all normal .. Check ur vitamin D and B12. Plus start taking antidepressant med :) good luck

Thanks for the fast reply guys! My doctor told me 3 times that I can start anxiety pills and I denied because I read times when people were worse with them or some snapped and did crazy things like kill, suicide and etc. should I start them? I'm having cold sweats on my fee mainly and on and off light left jest pain. I'm getting to the point here my final hope are those pills which I may start cause I can't Stan this CONSTANT left chest pain.

Thanks for the replies. Be honest to am I considered over weight since I just turned 17 1 week ago. I weigh 188(was 215lbe last year and lost it when Anxiety happened and I played LOTS of basketball on the summer.) Am 17 and height is 6ft 2. Should I lose more weight? I just want to hear honesty. The doctors aleays told me im fine and cause im big boned cause they said my thigh area is like huge bones and i myself think that too cause i dont see lots of excess meat on my thighs and the bone is really big and im sure i guess it goes for others .Also what are the chances
of a 17 yr old having a heart attack?

What should I, being 17 now, accomplish health wise? Lose weight? Exercise more?, etc?

hiallz5500
01-06-2013, 10:02 PM
The hardest part about living with anxiety is facing the fact that its just anxiety :/ you are 17 doctors have checked you out you are healthy you just have to realize that the doctor wouldn't lie to you you have to trust that they know what's best I'm sorry that your going threw this sometimes I let panic get the best of me too and litterally feel like my life is over but u can't think like that no matter what ur body says

Thans for the reply also what is this itchy like feeling on my left chest I get every now and then. It doesn't feel like the outside but inside. You have any ideas?

Cara1989
01-06-2013, 10:56 PM
Thans for the reply also what is this itchy like feeling on my left chest I get every now and then. It doesn't feel like the outside but inside. You have any ideas?

To tell u the truth its probably anxiety lol I've experienced some pretty weird stuff take your mind off it and I bet it will go away

vakim78
01-06-2013, 11:12 PM
You sound just like me. I wish I was married to a doctor. It would save me all the expensive long emergency room visits And doctor visits that all end up being nothing........

vakim78
01-06-2013, 11:16 PM
I had go today because of the same pain h complain about in ur chest. They did a EKG and all my vitals etc were fine. He said stress and anxiety was the reason for my chest pain, my heart I'd fine and so is yours so try and relax :) he prescribed me .25 mg of Xanax but I'm soooo scared to take it for the same reason ur afraid. The thought of this helping is the best feeling I. The world, but the fear is preventing me :(