PDA

View Full Version : Feeling down / Sleeping too much in winter

PositiveThinking!
01-06-2013, 04:11 PM
Just wondering if anyone here can relate to this, I've struggled with anxiety for most of my life but I've been doing much better for a few months now, which was when I actually started to care about myself, eating healthy, taking supplements, doing some daily exercise, finding distractions and sleeping at decent hours, yet it's been getting harder to do so lately because I can't seem to wake up early in the morning, I just stay in bed until late and everything turns depressing, I don't feel like doing any exercise, once in a while I ignore my diet "rules" and just eat whatever I want, basically everything I've worked on the last few months seems to have no use now, so my final question would be: Do you sleep way too much, feel down and depressed in winter?

raggamuffin
01-06-2013, 04:13 PM
Try vitamin D supplements if you can't get outside enough. It's hard to maintain drastic new lifestyle changes but then again depression drains enthusiasm to do most things in life.

Ed

PositiveThinking!
01-06-2013, 04:39 PM
Try vitamin D supplements if you can't get outside enough. It's hard to maintain drastic new lifestyle changes but then again depression drains enthusiasm to do most things in life.

Ed

Sounds nice, I was taking some supplements but I didn't try Vitamin D yet, I'll give them a try and see how it goes thanks a lot for the advice! And yeah it was pretty hard for me to change all of this in my lifestyle, I became a completely different person but depression gets us easily

AnxietyInstituteSA
01-06-2013, 04:46 PM
Sounds like it may be Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)- when a person experiences major mood changes as a result of the changing of the seasons. It's thought that SAD is probably related to changes in sunlight.

Have you thought about light therapy? You can purchase lamps that are thought to mimic sunlight and are related to positive mood changes.

PositiveThinking!
01-06-2013, 04:55 PM
Sounds like it may be Seasonal Affective Disorder (SAD)- when a person experiences major mood changes as a result of the changing of the seasons. It's thought that SAD is probably related to changes in sunlight.

Have you thought about light therapy? You can purchase lamps that are thought to mimic sunlight and are related to positive mood changes.

I did read a bit on that, is it too common for people to develop this?