PDA

View Full Version : Need a little sympathy w/ one particular anxiety symptom...

Breathe
05-16-2007, 07:42 PM
One anxiety symptom listed is a "tickling in the chest that makes you feel like you want/should cough".What is physically happening when this is occurring? I don't believe it is my heart b/c it is too high up..it's around my collar bone. Is it from tightening up and maybe an esophagus spasming?

I had what I called a "meltdown" not too long ago...long story short I had a heart palpitation actually caused by a sinus/allergy drug on an empty stomach. From there I plummeted into a deep hole where I just KNEW I was dying of heart disease...we all know how that goes. Anyway, this particular meltdown seems to have taken a while for me to recover from. I have been much better, but the more you try NOT to think/worry the more you actually do b/c you are trying not to do it...

Well, the last nagging symptom of anxiety that will not seem to go away is the one I mentioned above. Can someone please tell me they experience this, too? You'd think I could think rationally since I already read this is a symptom of anxiety...but the more I know other people experience this the better I feel.

Lastly, why do you think it is that you can experience symptoms of anxiety when at that one specific moment in time you aren't even THINKING about anything stressful? My dr. said that is a common complaint...sometimes I get a hard heartbeat out of no where....this becomes a vicious cycle b/c THEN you think there must be something wrong with your heart if you are not even worried at the time.

Thanks for whoever addresses those questions. :) I hope I get a response.

Breathe
05-18-2007, 12:04 PM
gee, 35 hits snd not one response?

guess I'm dying of heart disease afterall.

8)

FallenAnx
05-18-2007, 11:28 PM
honestly i have no idea of the medical reason why this happens but i know what your talking about because i go through it myself and im not dieing of heart disease=)

MikeMarcoe
05-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Lastly, why do you think it is that you can experience symptoms of anxiety when at that one specific moment in time you aren't even THINKING about anything stressful?

You have to remember that anxiety is not the same as stress. Anxiety is basically a fear of that which you cannot identify. As such, it will continue to occur in you even when you are not stressed out or aware of anything threatening.

I've had a lot of odd symptoms, too, like facial twitching and chest pains. I believe that these are symptoms whose causes are unknown to me.