PDA

View Full Version : What kinds of headaches do you get?

Ivere
01-05-2013, 01:12 AM
Interested in everyone's head pain/sensations. If pain killers help or not? If you've had scans, and what the results were?

rhar
01-05-2013, 02:00 AM
I get weird head sensations. They are very hard to describe. Sometimes like a shaking feeling... Head pressure and dizzy and lightheadedness.

Sometimes I feel on the verge of fainting even when sitting or lying down

marki_marc
01-05-2013, 12:07 PM
i get extreme headaches that make my blood pressure elevated i tried oxycodone which my doc gave me for that and i was not relieved and i done all the possible tests u can think of and everything was fine i get that headache when im stressed and i feel like my head has been hit by a sledgehammer its also kind of hard to describe it can burning pain somethimes or like an ice pick headache very unpleasant i also tried fiorinal every benzo there is and some tension headache anti depressants no relief whatsoever

solidfrenzy93
01-05-2013, 05:07 PM
i get horrible numbness and floating feeling :(

acetone
01-06-2013, 09:05 AM
I get the sensation of floating in various directions and it feels that ground is shaking up and down. Very frightening. Only benzo helps. I got a CT scan done and the results were normal.

mw0929
01-06-2013, 09:38 AM
I don't get many headaches but I always feel spacy and floaty. A lot of pressure too. Feels like an extreme case of sinusitis.

FrankWolfe53
01-06-2013, 11:44 AM
My shoulders and neck get really tense and the headache is usually in the back of my head where my neck meets my head. But I also experience that floaty feeling every once in a while, also don't feel real sometimes like I am dreaming or something.

annastack
01-06-2013, 11:50 AM
I get the band feeling, headaches, tingly head and a menthol sensation which all make me feel more anxious! Paracetamols don't get rid of them x

Ivere
01-08-2013, 03:17 PM
Thanks everyone for your replies? Has anyone tried diazepam to help relieve the pain? I've been giving it a go and I think it's helping.

terminallybored
01-08-2013, 03:30 PM
I just get random pains in my head here and there. Last year I was getting horrible shooting pains that felt like I was being hit with an ice pick which gradually got worse over 3 weeks, then suddenly stopped. I never found out what they were, doctor just said anxiety like always. Now I'm getting a weird tingling/chills feeling in the back of my head, but no headaches. >:I

amy682
01-08-2013, 07:03 PM
I get "withdrawal" headaches. I have to take medication at the same time everyday, otherwise my head will pound. I've had cat scans, taken maxalt, vicoden, and am currently on Effexor (which, I believe creates the headaches). MAKE SURE...if you're on any anti-depressants that you research what medications to avoid. Effexor isn't compatible with any kind of migraine medication, could be fatal, causes seizures, etc.

justconfused
01-08-2013, 08:43 PM
Interested in everyone's head pain/sensations. If pain killers help or not? If you've had scans, and what the results were?

When I get them the only way I can describe them is pain behind my eyes. Like where you'd imagine behind your eyes to be inside your head. It's hard to explain. They can get pretty bad, but usually they just are enough to annoy the crap out of you. Sometimes I get the spacy feeling.

marki_marc
01-11-2013, 09:50 AM
Thanks everyone for your replies? Has anyone tried diazepam to help relieve the pain? I've been giving it a go and I think it's helping.no i havent but i tried almost any other benzo and i had to go the emergency once because i had a terrible headache and my blood pressure was elevated so they gave me a head scan and i had a sinusitis and they send me with some anti biotics and some fiorinal

Chiliphil1
01-12-2013, 03:49 PM
I get all kinds, migranes, tension, sinus. I hate headaches!

Here lately, even right now as a matter of fact I have a sore neck on the right side and it's making the right side of my head hurt all down the side and to the front a bit, I guess I strained my neck.